A Grisly Shipment
A Grisly Shipment
- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Victory or Death
- Blighted Arch
A Grisly Shipment is a mission in the personal story in Orr for characters of all races, who have finished either Estate of Decay or Starving the Beast. This mission is for those who chose "Let's cut off the supply by sinking the ark."
Board the submarine and travel to the ark's location.
- Speak to Captain Antje at Fort Trinity's submarine dock.
Sink the ark that provides corpses to Zhaitan's ossuary.
- Brief your squad on the mission.
- Board the ark.
- Get to the ark's hold.
- Place the ghostfire charges in the hold.
- Escape from the burning ark.
- Get to the Ark's highest point.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Stalwart's Gauntlets, Slayer's Gauntlets, Inquisitor's Gauntlets
- One of the following: Stalwart's Bracers, Slayer's Bracers, Inquisitor's Bracers
- One of the following: Stalwart's Gloves, Slayer's Gloves, Inquisitor's Gloves
Swim toward the ship and look for a plank leaning off the side; this is the only way to get on. It makes for a very narrow fighting space, though, so be careful and make judicious use of AoE. Once you're on the ship, eliminate all the enemies on the deck, as it will make things easier later on. Proceed to the ship's hold, again clearing out as many enemies as you can. Your allies have a tendency to get stuck fighting random things, and only Pact Researcher Maeva has a quest icon above her; try to keep everyone together, and revive defeated allies as necessary. There are a bunch of corpses laying around and giving off green gas. These are actually mines, and explode if stepped on. It can help to explode them now, since the fighting gets hectic later on. Make your way to the belly of the ship, which is partially submerged. There are a few foes to take care of underwater. After they are cleared out, talk to Pact Researcher Maeva to get Ghostfire Charges. You can drop these pretty much anywhere in the water; it doesn't really matter as long as you plant four of them in total.
The charges explode and start to burn, but the fire gets out of contol and starts to destroy the entire ship, so you need to get out as fast as possible. Fortunately, this part isn't actually timed, so there is no need to rush. After leaving the water, you will find that several new Risen have spawned throughout the hold of the ship. They are often tightly packed, and if you didn't explode all of the mines, it further reduces the amount of space you have to fight in. Get to the main deck of the ship, and then enter the aft room and climb the (nearly invisible) staircase that is on the perimeter of the room up to the "tower", clearing out Risen along the way. Once you reach the top, a cutscene plays, and a helicopter arrives to air-lift everyone to safety.
- It is not necessary to plant the Ghostfire Charges in the hold of the ship or inside the ship at all. They can even be dropped outside of the ship and can all be placed at the same location.
Speaking to Captain Antje:
- Captain Antje: The sub is ready, Commander. Marshal Trahearne and the rest of the squad are already on board. As soon as you're ready, we'll take you to the undead ark.
- I'm ready now. Let's go.
- I'm not ready yet, but stand by. I'll be back soon.
Arriving at the target location (cinematic):
- <Character name>: It's amazing how fast we traveled while completely submerged. Look how far we came! Now the hard work, begins, though.
- Trahearne: That's right. I expect heavy resistance, but we need to push deep into the ark's main hold. That's where Maeva comes in.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: I'm ready. I have plenty of Ascalonian ghostfire. It'll spark a conflagration to consume the ark and everything in it.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: Remarkable stuff, ghostfire. It's unrelenting, and it burns underwater. When we're done, there won't be any bodies left for Zhaitan to reanimate.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: Hats off to the charr: they took their most implacable enemy's most dangerous weapon and made it their own...and then they gave it to us.
- Trahearne: A demonstration that we need to work together to defeat Zhaitan. Commander, it's your mission. Lead on.
After the cinematic:
- Ikniu: This water tastes terrible. How does Zhaitan spoil a whole ocean?
Talking to your allies:
- Trahearne: The ark is just ahead, but remember: this is Zhaitan's primary source of dead bodies. Once they realize we're here to sink it, his minions will defend it at all costs.
- Ikniu: I can taste the Risen's pollution in this water. I just hope my brother Sabiti is watching to see us avenge his corruption.
- We'll make him proud.
- Baroosh: Foo! Quaggan bets there will be mines. Quaggan hates mines almost as much as quaggan hates krait. Both kill indiscriminately.
- We can't let anything stop us from reaching the ark.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: I've got the ghostfire charges prepared. As soon as we're in position aboard the ark, they're all yours.
Approaching the ark:
- Trahearne: Krait sentries. And mines. Stay alert: we can't afford to lose anyone on this mission.
When fighting begins:
- Baroosh: Oho! These undead have never seen a quaggan angry. They actually look surprised.
- Ikniu: Let's see you come back from this!
Talking to your allies on board of the ark:
- Trahearne: We must set the ghostfire charges at the bottom of the ship's hold in order to ensure complete destruction. Anything between here and there is a distraction.
- Not for long.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: Time to descend. The ghostfire will work optimally if we ignite it at the bottom of the vessel.
- Then that's where we're heading.
- Ikniu: Ha! I swore to kill twenty undead for each tear I shed for my brother. Before I'm done, I will seee Zhaitan weep.
- I'm with you, but we need to clear a path to the hold.
- Baroosh: Quaggan thought the enemy would be more scared of quaggan's enraged form, but they don't seem to care. No matter. Quaggan can kill them faster if they don't run.
- Keep it up, Baroosh. We need to reach the hold.
Upon reaching the hold:
- Pact Researcher Maeva: This is the spot. The ghostfire's ready when you are Commander.
Talking to Maeva to get the charges:
- Pact Researcher Maeva: The ghostfire charges are prepped and ready, Commander. We'll need four of them to do the job. I'm standing by to hand them over.
- I'll take one now.
- I'm not ready yet.
After setting charges:
- Pact Researcher Maeva: Glitch! It's burning much faster than I expected.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: Our tests weren't done in water with this much salinity. It's accelerating the spectral combustion.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: We've lost control of this situation. Evacuate, now!
- Pact Researcher Maeva: Keep heading up. Being underwater isn't safe anymore.
- Baroosh: Boo! Quaggan is not build for hot water. Quaggan wants to find the exit.
- Ikniu: That fire isn't stopping. I want to get as far from it as I can.
Talking to your allies while escaping the ark:
- Trahearne: Quickly, now: to the main deack. We must get clear of the ark before the ghostfire consumes it completely.
- Let's move.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: Something's faulty. The ghostfire's burning too quickly. We'd better proceed to the main deck or we'll be immolated.
- And nobody wants that. Move out.
- Ikniu: This ghostfire burns too well, if you ask me. We'd better get out while we still can.
- I agree. Let's go.
- Baroosh: Oah! Quaggan can feel the heat from the flames. Quaggan can't stay here or quaggan will melt.
- We'd better get moving, then.
Arriving at the evacuation point:
- Trahearne: Wait, do you hear that? Those are the spinning blades of a charr chopper. Backup is coming.
Cinematic when helicopter arrives:
- Pilot Gavros: We saw those ghostly flames and came as fast as we could. Bit ahead of schedule, wasn't it?
- <Character name>: A bit. Turns out ghostfire works a little too well in these conditions. Thanks for the sharp eye and the quick save.
- Trahearne: Yes, excellent work. We didn't just deprive Zhaitan of a shipload of soldiers, we destroyed the ship itself.
- Pact Researcher Maeva: That's right. This tub is done making deliveries to Orr. The dragon will just have to make do with its existing shamblers.
- Pilot Gavros: Congratulations. Now we need to get you out of here, fast. Come aboard if you're coming.
- Trahearne: After you, Commander. This success has me thinking...when we return, I wish to discuss a few other areas of the Pact's mission that could use your help.
If multiple players in the group are on this mission, everyone with the mission in their log must speak to Captain Antje to get credit for completion.