- 1325 AE
- Ashen Waste
- All Races
- The Cost of Victory
(Dishonored by allies)
- Preceded by
- Shell Shock
- Followed by
- Marshaling the Truth
Volcanic Extraction is part of the personal story for all characters that choose "dishonored by allies" as their worst fear during the mission A Light in the Darkness then chose to extract the team trapped in the volcano after the events of Shell Shock.
Volcanic Extraction (Level 66)
Retrieve the missing Pact squad from the volcano.
- Locate the Pact soldiers near Mount Maelstrom.
- Rescue the Pact soldiers still inside the mountain.
- Fight your way out of Mount Maelstrom.
- Mystic Coin
- One of the following: Master Harvesting Sickle, Master Logging Axe, Master Mining Pick
Reach the marked objective, watch the cinematic, then return to the starting location. Fighting the enemies is optional, you can just run past them. The NPCs accompanying you are not needed to trigger the cinematic or end the mission - you can safely leave them behind if you choose to run.
- Magister Galen: Who are you? Where's Syska? I hope you have our marching orders. We've been stuck here forever, and we've got fellow soldiers to rescue.
- <Player Name>: I'm Trahearne's second-in-command. Syska was...injured. I came to get you out. You said there are others?
- Agent Furius: Syska said there's another squad deep in. She ordered us to stand by until she came back with a stronger force. That was a while ago.
- Explorer Urond: Yeah. And we're hungry. We were about to start snacking on Bekk's big brain here.
- Explorer Bekk: One spoonful from my capacious cranium would elevate your intelligence to the point of seeing what a no-helper you are. In your anguish, you'd end it all.
- Magister Galen: That's enough idle talk. Right now, we need to find the missing squad. Lead on, Commander. We're with you.
- Explorer Bekk: Look like you're thinking what I'm thinking - that was not normal, and this is a set up.
- Agent Furius: Those "soldiers" were bait, weren't they? What was Syska doing, sending us into a trap like this? She's smarter than this.
- Explorer Urond: She's been off her game lately. I don't mind dying for a good cause, but this is just plain careless. Or criminal.
- Magister Galen: Hang on. You think Syska sent us here to die on purpose? That's not fair. Maybe she was tricked into doing it.
- Explorer Urond: Either way, we're the ones in the meat grinder. And both the jaws of this trap haven't fully snapped shut yet.
- Magister Galen: Okay, I'm convinced. Somebody doesn't want us to survive this mission.
- Explorer Urond: And Syska's the one who put us here. So where do we go from here?
- Explorer Bekk: Back to base, obviously. Confront Syska if you like, but it's straight to Warmaster Caisson for me.
- <Player Name>: Marshal Trahearne needs to know about this. Hester, I need you to deliver a message to him. Tell him I need to meet with him in person.
- Magister Galen: Done. He's due to inspect the fortifications at Oxbow Isle. I'll set the meeting for there. And thanks again for the save, Commander. I'm not sure how we got into this mess, but I know you pulled us out.
- Agent Furius: If you find out who's responsible for us being here - Syska or whoever - let us know. Or just kill them horribly, and tell us about it.
 My Story