- See also: Caffeinated Skritt Burglar
When a player opens the chest, she will sometimes transform the player into an animal, which grants them an achievement, and the event Stop the skritt burglar before it escapes with the treasure will immediately start. Players must then defeat her to complete the event, but she will run around, avoiding combat, often leading players into hostile foes. When hit, she will sometimes drop loot bags that will stay on the ground for a while, so players can safely ignore them and focus on the event until the Skritt Burglar is defeated or escapes, then backtrack their steps to look for the loot bags and open them. These loot bags will have a distinctive purple glow so they can be easily noticed. If defeated, she will drop the big bag she carries around, which will have several items.
- For a list of locations where the burglar's chest has been known to appear see: Skritt Burglar/locations
The Skritt Burglar can be encountered in every region of Tyria except the Ruins of Orr. The animal you can get turned into, and thus the achievement you can get, depends on what region the burglar's chest appears in:
|Behind the Mask||Raccoon||Ascalon|
|Chicken Scramble||Chicken||Kryta, The Silverwastes|
|A Waddle to Remember||Baby Siamoth||Maguuma Jungle|
|Llama Drama||Llama||Dry Top|
|Jackaloping Along||Jackalope||Shiverpeak Mountains|
|Skritt Salvager||Tiger Cub||Heart of Maguuma|
|Burgling the Burglars||Lion Cub||Crystal Desert|
- Immune to crippling effects
- The burglar throws a handful of projectile elixirs at random nearby enemies. Each elixir shatters the first time it comes into contact with a foe, morphing the target into a region-specific ambient creature for 5 seconds.
- The burglar throws a handful of projectile elixirs at random nearby enemies. Each elixir shatters the first time it comes into contact with a foe, chilling and crippling the target for 5 seconds.
- Stolen skills
- 1Permanent; cannot be removed. Grants immunity to freeze, petrify, knockdown, knockback, launch, stun, daze, float, sink, fear, immobile, chilled, and crippled.
- 2Only in Bloodstone Fen.
- Note that the Skritt Burglar does not drop items directly - they are found within the large bags she drops during the chase or after being killed.
- 1 piece of Piece of Unidentified Gear with Fine rarity or above. Large bags contain 3 Piece of Unidentified Gear with Fine rarity or above.
- Fine crafting materials, depending on the level of the Skritt Burglar.
- Junk items, depending on the level of the Skritt Burglar:
|Bottle of Rum||Trophy||Junk||1-4|
|Bottle of Whiskey||Trophy||Junk||1-4|
|Bottle of Scotch||Trophy||Junk||1-4|
- Explorer: Behind the Mask — Get transformed into a raccoon by the Skritt Burglar. (10 )
- Explorer: Chicken Scramble — Get transformed into a chicken by the Skritt Burglar. (10 )
- Explorer: A Waddle to Remember — Get transformed into a baby siamoth by the Skritt Burglar. (10 )
- Explorer: Jackaloping Along — Get transformed into a jackalope by the Skritt Burglar. (10 )
- Dry Top: Llama Drama — Get transformed into a llama by the Skritt Burglar in Dry Top. (10 )
- Verdant Brink: Skritt Salvager — Loot a skritt burglar's treasure chest. (5 )
- Crystal Desert: Burgling the Burglars — Help fight a wound-up skritt burglar. (5 )
- Quip III: Chaos Gun: Skritt Trickery
- The Minstrel I: The Experimental Focus: Chicken Scrambler
- She will drop a small loot bag after each 25% of health taken from her.
- If she's defeated too quickly, she wont have enough time to drop all of her small loot bags. However, she always drops one large loot bag when defeated.
- The API currently lists 90 events related to the Skritt Burglar.