- See also: Caffeinated Skritt Burglar
Skritt Burglars are female skritt that hide in a chest that appears randomly in certain locations.
When a player opens the chest, she will sometimes transform the player into an animal, which grants them an achievement, and the event Stop the skritt burglar before it escapes with the treasure will immediately start. Players must then defeat her to complete the event, but she will run around, avoiding combat, often leading players into hostile foes. When hit, she will sometimes drop loot bags that will stay on the ground for a while, so players can safely ignore them and focus on the event until the Skritt Burglar is defeated or escapes, then backtrack their steps to look for the loot bags and open them. These loot bags will have a distinctive purple glow so they can be easily noticed. If defeated, she will drop the big bag she carries around, which will have several items.
- For a list of locations where the burglar's chest has been known to appear see: Skritt Burglar/locations
The Skritt Burglar can be encountered in every region of Tyria except the Ruins of Orr. It may also be found in Verdant Brink and Dragonfall. The Burgling the Burglars achievement in Dragonfall may be completed by finishing the event even if the character has not been transformed into an animal. The animal you are turned into, and thus the achievement you receive, depends on what region the burglar's chest appears in:
|Behind the Mask||Raccoon||Ascalon|
|Chicken Scramble||Chicken||Kryta, The Silverwastes|
|A Waddle to Remember||Baby Siamoth||Maguuma Jungle|
|Llama Drama||Llama||Dry Top|
|Jackaloping Along||Jackalope||Shiverpeak Mountains|
|Skritt Salvager||Tiger Cub||Verdant Brink|
|Burgling the Burglars||Skyscale Youngling (effect)||Dragonfall|
The Icebrood Saga
- Prologue: Bound by Blood
- Keep the furnace firing to help manufacture new plate metal! (80)
- Stop the skritt! (80)
- Stop the skritt burglar before it escapes with the treasure (80)
- Stop the skritt burglar before she escapes with the treasure (80)
- Immune to crippling effects
- The burglar throws a handful of projectile elixirs at random nearby enemies. Each elixir shatters the first time it comes into contact with a foe, morphing the target into a region-specific ambient creature for 5 seconds.
- The burglar throws a handful of projectile elixirs at random nearby enemies. Each elixir shatters the first time it comes into contact with a foe, chilling and crippling the target for 5 seconds.
- Stolen skills
- 1Permanent; cannot be removed. Grants immunity to freeze, petrify, knockdown, knockback, launch, stun, daze, float, sink, fear, immobile, chilled, and crippled.
- 2Only in Bloodstone Fen.
- 3Only in Dragonfall.
- Note that the Skritt Burglar does not drop items directly - they are found within the large bags she drops during the chase or after being killed.
- 1 piece of Piece of Unidentified Gear with Fine rarity or above. Large bags contain 3 Piece of Unidentified Gear with Fine rarity or above.
- Fine crafting materials, depending on the level of the Skritt Burglar.
- Junk items, depending on the level of the Skritt Burglar:
|Bottle of Rum||Trophy||Junk||1-4|
|Bottle of Whiskey||Trophy||Junk||1-4|
|Bottle of Scotch||Trophy||Junk||1-4|
Model of Skritt Burglar found in Bloodstone Fen.
Model of Skritt Burglar found in Dragonfall in Melandru's Lost Domain.
Model of Skritt Burglar found in Dragonfall in Underworld.
Model of Skritt Burglar found in Dragonfall in Burning Forest.
- Explorer: Behind the Mask — Get transformed into a raccoon by the Skritt Burglar. (10 )
- Explorer: Chicken Scramble — Get transformed into a chicken by the Skritt Burglar. (10 )
- Explorer: A Waddle to Remember — Get transformed into a baby siamoth by the Skritt Burglar. (10 )
- Explorer: Jackaloping Along — Get transformed into a jackalope by the Skritt Burglar. (10 )
- Dry Top: Llama Drama — Get transformed into a llama by the Skritt Burglar in Dry Top. (10 )
- Verdant Brink: Skritt Salvager — Loot a skritt burglar's treasure chest. (5 )
- Quip III: Chaos Gun: Skritt Trickery — Dropped by the Skritt Burglar.
- The Minstrel I: The Experimental Focus: Chicken Scrambler — Get turned into a chicken by the Skritt Burgler[sic].
- Crystal Desert: Burgling the Burglars — Help fight a wound-up skritt burglar. (5 )
- She will drop a small loot bag after each 25% of health taken from her.
- If she's defeated too quickly, she won't have enough time to drop all of her small loot bags. However, she always drops one large loot bag when defeated.
- The API currently lists 90 events related to the Skritt Burglar.