I serve the greater good. Doesn't mean I can't help myself along the way.
— Sheriff Turma
Sheriff Turma is a member of the Lionguard. Although she follows orders from the Captain's Council, she is savvy enough to figure out their real motives and is not afraid to get her hands dirty as long as she can deliver justice and keep order.
Turma used to be a mid-ranking Lionguard who worked with Ellen Kiel to prevent the enraged karka from destroying settlements in Southsun Cove in 1326 AE. She was later tasked with rooting out the Aetherblades in Twilight Arbor. After the rebuilding of Lion's Arch, she was promoted from deputy to sheriff and was sent to Southsun Cove as a peacekeeper in Ellen Kiel's place. While feeling resentful over her new job, Turma set about to restore order on her post while also aligning herself with Subdirector Noll of the Consortium in a mutually profitable alliance.
In 1330 AE, Elonian refugees began appearing in Lion's Arch as the Crystal Desert came under assault by the rogue god Balthazar's Forged army. Ellen Kiel invited Turma to Lion's Arch to help with the refugee crisis although Turma knew more than Kiel had let on: Kiel and Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed needed Turma because they were trying to solve the crisis without the blessing of the rest of the Captain's Council. Turma decided to play along as she supported the relief effort; however, she was adamant about not taking the heat once the council found out about Magnus and Ellen's actions.
- Lion's Arch
- Episode: Battle for Lion's Arch
For historical dialogue, see here.
- I plan to restore some order to this miserable rock, now that Magnus actually gave me some authority.
How did that happen?
- When Kiel managed to land herself a seat on the Captain's Council, it left an opening for a peacekeeper here. Magnus calls this "a promotion, for my service in Lion's Arch." Some promotion...
You don't seem grateful for the opportunity.
- Can't shake the feeling they stuck me here to get rid of me, but it is what it is. I'll find a way to make this work for me.
- I'm sure you will.
- Well, good luck.
- Good luck with that.
- Lion's Arch is where I live, but the sea is my home.
- Stay out of trouble.
- Good to see you.
- Between Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath and Lion's Arch being rebuilt, Turma was in both Fort Marriner and Pearl Inlet. Furthermore, at Pearl Inlet she was named Deputy Turma while at Fort Marriner she was named Lionguard Turma.