After talking to him, Niles will give you his Zephyrite Flute, replacing your skills with the following:
|1||Note E||Play an E note on your Zephyrite flute.|
|2||Note G||Play a G note on your Zephyrite flute.|
|3||Note A||Play an A note on your Zephyrite flute.|
|4||Note B||Play a B note on your Zephyrite flute.|
|5||Note C||Play a C note on your Zephyrite flute.|
To complete the challenge, you need to play a specific song for him, one of the ones listed below. Playing the notes, a red aura will appear around Niles or yourself if you play the wrong note. Niles will let you know you're on the right track if you play three correct notes in a row. You have to play one of the six Zephyrite Harmonizer songs, or another, seemingly random, song below. To determine which one, find the first note that does not produce a red aura, then consult the chart. This narrows the possible song down to typically two. To finally determine which exact song, if the next note produces a red aura then you have played the wrong song and must instead follow the second sequence that starts with the first note that did not produce a red aura. If no red aura shows then you have the right sequence and can simply complete the song, and thus the challenge.
|Zephyrite Harmonizer Clover|
|Zephyrite Harmonizer Journey|
|Zephyrite Harmonizer Breeze|
|Zephyrite Harmonizer Saffron|
|Zephyrite Harmonizer Daybreak|
|Zephyrite Harmonizer Yukisna|
- Before completing the challenge
You're a long way away from home. What are you doing here?
- Meditating upon intangibles. Contemplating the infinite—oh, who am I kidding? I'm running away from my responsibilities.
What responsibility would that be?
- I'm supposed to assist with the resonance crystal ritual, but...
- I have doubts. I look around, and I see so much confidence, so much strength in the face of this calamity—and here I am, afraid of failing. Afraid I'm not good enough. There's so much riding on this.
Nonsense. You're a Zephyrite. You can do this—and we need you.
- But can I? The honest truth is, I'm terrible at this flute—and I can't fathom how anybody would entrust me with this responsibility. How can I possibly prepare for something like this?
- Zephyrite Flute) Practice, and trust in your comrades. Here—let me borrow the flute. (grants the
- We should talk later.
- Let's finish this later.
- Don't let me interrupt you, then.
- I know you're scared of the ritual. Allow me to help. (grants the Zephyrite Flute)
- I'll come back later.
- Talking to him with the flute
- Um—were you going to give me a demonstration, or...?
- Right. Here we go.
- Leaving his vicinity with the flute
- Hey, hold up—I need to keep that flute here with me. Thank you, and take care, Commander.
- Apologies. Of course.
- After completing the first verse
- You're amazing. Truly inspiring. Please, continue!
- After completing the challenge
- Thanks for the encouragement, Commander. This is important...and I can't give up. Not now. I'll head back to the docks in a bit. Now if I can just remember where I put that practice crystal...
- Good luck.
- Only one song is necessary to complete the challenge.
- You aren't required to learn the songs beforehand — it's possible to figure out the entire song through trial and error — but if you wish you can learn them from the Zephyrite Harmonizers related to the Rally the Pact soldiers, corsairs, and Zephyrites renown heart.