Glyph of the Crucible
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Glyph of the Crucible is an upgrade component for gathering tools.“
Double-click to apply this to a gathering tool. Replaces gathering results with materials used in lower-level crafting recipes. Material types are determined by the type of node gathered from.
— In-game description
- When gathering with this glyph equipped, materials gathered will be instantly converted into one tier below.
- However, this conversion does not apply to secondary items, e.g. gemstones from mining nodes, bonus wood logs from logging nodes, etc.
- This glyph has no effect on some special resource nodes in Living World zones, such as Toxic Seedlings in Kessex Hills, Winterberry Bushes in Bitterfrost Frontier, or Mistborn Motes in Dragonfall.
- However, using this glyph on a Quartz Crystal Formation such as the ones located in Dry Top, Labyrinthine Cliffs, Crystal Oasis or the Home instance node will return Mithril Ore instead of Quartz Crystal.
- Using this glyph on a Living Season mining node (Bloodstone Crystals, Jade Fragments, Difluorite Crystals, Mistonium, Dragon Crystal Node) will return Mithril Ore in place of Bloodstone Dust, Empyreal Fragments or Dragonite Ore. This does not prevent receiving the related zone's currency from these nodes.
- An exception to this rule is the Eternal Ice found in Bjora Marches. The glyph will turn the Eternal Ice Shard into Mithril Ore.
- Using this glyph on a Living Season logging node (Petrified Wood, Primordial Orchid) will return Elder Wood Log in place of Empyreal Fragments.
- This glyph works on Orrian Oyster nodes in Siren's Landing, turning Dragonite Ore into Leek or Raspberry.
|Mining Node||Regular drops||Converts to||Profit/Loss|
|Copper Ore||Copper Ore||Copper Ore||N/A|
|Silver Ore||Silver Ore||Copper Ore|
|Iron Ore||Iron Ore||Copper Ore|
|Gold Ore||Gold Ore|| Silver Ore
|Platinum Ore||Platinum Ore||Gold Ore|
|Mithril Ore||Mithril Ore||Platinum Ore|
|Orichalcum Ore||Orichalcum Ore||Mithril Ore|
|Quartz Crystal||Quartz Crystal||Mithril Ore|