From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the gathering tool upgrade. For the skill type, see Glyph.
Glyphs may be acquired via the following methods:
- Gem Store purchase, as part of a bundle with certain unlimited use gathering tools or during Gem Store promotions.
- Exchanging a pre-patch endless Gathering tool at a Black Lion Weapons Specialist for the updated tool. The updated tool contains a glyph of the same bonus type. Note, this only applies to certain defined tools, not all of them.
- A rare drop in a Black Lion Chest. This provides an unused glyph of a random type that can be sold on the Trading Post.
- For a limited time players who have purchased the game were given one free Black Lion Glyph Selection Container which allowed players to select Glyph of Flight, Industry, the Leatherworker or the Tailor
- Glyphs may be applied to unused glyph slots found only on gathering tools.
- Glyphs may be swapped in and out freely without using an upgrade extractor.
- When attempting to apply a glyph to a tool with a glyph, the new glyph will be applied and the old one will be sent to your inventory.
- To remove a glyph, you can right click and select "Remove Upgrade."
- Glyphs applied to limited-use tools will return to the player's inventory after the final gathering charge is consumed.
List of glyphs
The following glyphs are currently only obtained by purchasing various unlimited-use gathering tools:
- Glyph of Alchemy — Materials gathered will be instantly converted into one tier above.
- Glyph of the Crucible — Materials gathered will be instantly converted into one tier below.
- Glyph of Reaping — Gather from all nodes associated with the gathering tool within 900 units.
- Applying Glyphs to harvesting tools counts towards the Combat Mechanic achievement.
- Glyphs were added during the April 10, 2018 game update.