From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the gathering tool upgrade. For the skill type, see Glyph.
Glyphs may be acquired via the following methods:
- Gem Store purchase, as part of a bundle with certain unlimited use gathering tools or during Gem Store promotions.
- Exchanging a pre-patch endless Gathering tool at a Black Lion Exchange Specialist for the updated tool. The updated tool contains a glyph of the same bonus type. Note, this only applies to certain defined tools, not all of them.
- A rare drop in a Black Lion Chest. This provides an unused glyph of a random type that can be sold on the Trading Post.
- For a limited time players who have purchased the game were given one free Black Lion Glyph Selection Container which allowed players to select Glyph of Flight, Industry, the Leatherworker or the Tailor
- Glyphs may be applied to unused glyph slots found only on gathering tools.
- Glyphs may be swapped in and out freely without using an upgrade extractor.
- When attempting to apply a glyph to a tool with a glyph, the new glyph will be applied and the old one will be sent to your inventory.
- To remove a glyph, you can right click and select "Remove Upgrade."
- Glyphs applied to limited-use tools will return to the player's inventory after the final gathering charge is consumed.
List of glyphs
|Glyph of Alchemy (Unused)||…||Glyph of Alchemy||Materials gathered will be instantly converted into one tier above.|
|Glyph of Bounty (Unused)||…||Glyph of Bounty||Grants a 33% chance to gain an extra strike while gathering.|
|Glyph of the Crucible (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Crucible||Replaces gathering results with materials used in lower-level crafting recipes.|
|Glyph of Flight (Unused)||…||Glyph of Flight||Increases movement speed for 5 seconds after gathering completes.|
|Glyph of the Forester (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Forester||Grants a 33% chance to receive bonus wood while gathering.|
|Glyph of the Herbalist (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Herbalist||Grants a 33% chance to reward bonus harvesting ingredient pouches while gathering.|
|Glyph of Industry (Unused)||…||Glyph of Industry||Gathering completes 50% faster.|
|Glyph of the Leatherworker (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Leatherworker||Gain a 33% chance to receive bonus leather scraps.|
|Glyph of the Prospector (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Prospector||Grants a 33% chance to receive bonus ores while gathering.|
|Glyph of Reaping (Unused)||…||Glyph of Reaping||Gather from all nodes associated with the gathering tool within 900 units.|
|Glyph of the Scavenger (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Scavenger||Gain a 33% chance to receive a bonus fine crafting material.|
|Glyph of the Tailor (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Tailor||Gain a 33% chance to receive bonus cloth scraps.|
|Glyph of the Unbound (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Unbound||Rewards unbound magic while gathering.|
|Glyph of Volatility (Unused)||…||Glyph of Volatility||Rewards Volatile Magic while gathering.|
|Glyph of the Watchknight (Unused)||…||Glyph of the Watchknight||Gain a 33% chance to receive a bonus Watchwork Sprocket.|
|Glyph of Overload (Unused)||…||Glyph of Overload||Gathering gains charges that are consumed to gain extra gathering strikes.|
|Glyph of Virtue (Unused)||…||Glyph of Virtue||Rewards bonus karma while gathering, in addition to the gathering results.|
The following glyphs are currently only obtained by purchasing various unlimited-use gathering tools:
- Glyph of the Timekeeper — 33% chance to complete gathering instantly.
- Applying Glyphs to harvesting tools counts towards the Combat Mechanic achievement.
- Glyphs were added during the April 10, 2018 game update.