Glyph of Alchemy
Glyph of Alchemy is an upgrade component for gathering tools.“
Double-click to apply this to a gathering tool. Replaces gathering results with materials used in higher-level crafting recipes. Material types are determined by the type of node gathered from. Mithril ore, elder wood, and select cooking ingredients can be improved a limited number of times each day.
— In-game description
- When gathering with this glyph equipped, materials gathered will be instantly converted into one tier above.
- However, this conversion does not apply to secondary items, e.g. gemstones from mining nodes, bonus wood logs from logging nodes, etc.
- This glyph has no effect on special resource nodes in Living World zones, such as Toxic Seedlings in Kessex Hills and Difluorite Crystals in Sandswept Isles.
|Mining Node||Regular drops||Converts to||Profit/Loss|
|Copper Ore||Copper Ore|| Iron Ore
|Silver Ore||Silver Ore||Gold Ore|
|Iron Ore||Iron Ore||Gold Ore|
|Gold Ore||Gold Ore||Platinum Ore|
|Platinum Ore||Platinum Ore||Mithril Ore|
|Mithril Ore||Mithril Ore||Orichalcum Ore1|
|Orichalcum Ore||Orichalcum Ore||Orichalcum Ore||N/A|
- 1 Mithril Ores can be improved 150 times per day. When reaching the cap, the following in-game notification will appear, "This glyph cannot convert any more mithril ore today."
- 1 Elder Wood Logs can be improved 150 times per day. When reaching the cap, the following in-game notification will appear, "This glyph cannot convert any more elder wood today."
- 1 Coral nodes are not affected by the glyph, i.e. nodes that would give Coral Chunks will not give higher-level drops.
- 2 Passion Flowers are still guaranteed drops from Blooming Passifloras