From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
February 2, 2021
- January 21, 2021
- February 3, 2021
Update 2 - February 2, 2021
- Fixed a client crash.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Build: 111,258
Update - February 2, 2021
Lunar New Year
As another new year dawns on Tyria, join the festivities in Divinity's Reach! The Year of the Ox is upon us, and the Lunar New Year Festival returns with new rewards and refreshed activities. Collect and open lucky envelopes to earn essences of luck, delicious foods, fireworks, valuable items, and a chance to find the new Lucky Ox Lantern backpacks!
- The Lunar New Year annual meta-achievement, Lunar New Year Customs, has been updated with a new reward, the Lunar-Enchanted Gloves! Using a crafted glove set as a base, these gloves have a new shining effect to match your festival weapons. Last year's meta-achievement reward, the Fireworks Spaulders, can now be purchased from the Lunar New Year rewards vendors.
- A new weapon-set upgrade is now available! If you have added Shining Aureate weapons to your wardrobe by completing Lunar New Year daily achievements, speak with the festival rewards vendors in Divinity's Reach to trade your hard-earned Essence of Luck for the luck-infused Fortune-Shining Aureate set. Or if you preferred a more subtle change to your arsenal, you can also now purchase the effect-free Refitted Aureate set from the same vendor.
- The Celestial Challenge activity has been overhauled with updated goals and simplified reward mechanics. Compete in a variety of events to earn Lucky Aura, and use it to open extra treasure chests once the Celestials bestow their gifts!
- Many of the events have been updated and rebalanced, including new special action skills for events that previously lacked one.
- The Lucky Aura effect now allows players to open extra chests during the reward event, rather than improving drop rate of items from the main reward chest.
- The player with the highest contribution to each event will be awarded with an extra Lucky Aura effect.
- The drop chance of Tokens of the Celestial Champion has been reworked to be a guaranteed drop of Tokens of the Celestial Champion Fragments, which can be exchanged for complete tokens. There is a random chance to get additional Fragments that is not affected by Lucky Aura.
- Enemy mobs no longer provide event participation in events that have objectives other than killing enemies.
- A new achievement has been added for participating in each event of the Celestial Challenge.
- A new group of rotating daily achievements has been added to complete events in the game's low-level maps. Visit the place you came from to ring in the new year!
- Lucky Envelope rewards have been updated with new items for the Year of the Ox, including a new backpack to celebrate the Year of the Ox in style.
- Finding you have more good fortune than you know what to do with? Lunar New Year vendors now offer Lucky Red Bags in exchange for your unwanted Essences of Luck.
- A new guild decoration has been added to commemorate the Year of the Ox.
- Festival merchants have been moved across the street to allow enough space for their increased numbers.
- A number of festival-related bugs have been fixed to ensure a happy holiday for all heroes. Lunar New Year will be active until February 23 at noon Pacific Time (UTC-8). See you in Divinity's Reach!
- Fixed a bug that caused the Owl Spirit statue in the Snowden Drifts Dragon Response Mission to have an offset nameplate and not disappear when the mission ended.
- Fixed a bug that prevented enemy kill markers from properly disappearing in the Thunderhead Peaks Dragon Response Mission and Lake Doric Dragon Response Mission.
- Fixed a bug that caused the champion boss of the Snowden Drifts Dragon Response Mission to be interrupted but not stunned when its defiance bar was depleted.
- Increased Myrun's speed in progressing to the champion boss of the Thunderhead Peaks Dragon Response mission after the destroyer enemies are defeated in the second event.
- Fixed a bug that could cause dialogue lines to be repeated or not appear during the champion boss of the Lake Doric Dragon Response Mission.
- Corrected the achievement name Rising Flames to refer to the actual story chapter, Roaring Flames.
- Fixed a bug that caused Destroyer Fissures to spawn on top of each other in the champion boss fight of the Thunderhead Peaks Dragon Response Mission.
- Updated the Challenge Mode variant of the Incinerating Shock Wave skill used by the champion boss in the Fields of Ruin Dragon Response Mission. The telegraph for this skill should now match the radius of the initial impact. Additionally, the persistent fire-field effect is now enveloped by a red ring to denote the size of the damage radius. This skill has been updated such that the initial impact will deal significantly more damage. Don't stand in the fire!
- Wooden Sword consumable items are no longer usable in dungeons or fractals.
- A.E.D.: Fixed a bug that prevented the Gadgeteer traited version of this skill from triggering the Speed of Synergy trait.
- Lich Form: Updated skill description and tooltip to include attribute increases granted while transformed.
- Well of Blood: Fixed a bug that caused the tooltip to display inaccurate healing values.
- Soulcleave's Summit: Fixed a bug that caused the life stealing effect to trigger on some invisible attacks.
Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store
New Items and Promotions
- The new Noble Aurochs Jackal Skin is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 1,600 gems.
- For a limited time, the Staff of Fortune Skin is available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 420 gems, a savings of 30%.
- For a limited time, the Celestial Rat Cape is available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 350 gems, a savings of 30%.
- For a limited time, the Celestial Rooster Glider and Flying Boar Glider are available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 350 gems each, a savings of 30%.
- For a limited time, the Ram Balloon and Red Lantern are available in the Toys category of the Gem Store for 250 gems each.
Black Lion Chest
- The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Wandering Cloud Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The Evon Gnashblade Lucky Envelope returns as the guaranteed item for the duration of the Wandering Cloud Chest.
- The new Wandering Cloud Chair and Glider Combo and Noble Aurochs Jackal Skin are available as uncommon drops for the duration of this chest.
- The Tempest Gaze Helm Skin returns as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Dragon's Jade and Dwayna's weapon collections are available for the duration of this chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of the Crucible and Glyph of Volatility are available as rare drops for the duration of this chest.
- The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or by redeeming one at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- The exclusive Dark Matter Cape, Storm Dagger Skin, Desert King Throne, and Searing Chain Gloves are currently available.
- The bonus collection has been updated to a selection of armor skins including but not limited to Foefire Wraps, Toxic Mantle Skin, Scarlet's Spaulders, and Jackal Rune Greaves.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Build: 111,236