Qadim's machinations are causing ripples outside the Mystic Forge, touching certain world bosses in Central Tyria with condensed ley energy. From June 11 to June 25, defeat these powerful enemies to mine colorful crystal essence. Bring essences to skritt near the Mystic Forge to create shiny weapons—and then consult with the skritt to learn how you can make your shiny weapons even shinier.
- One of the following Ley-Line (mining) nodes appears after each boss:
- You can loot only one Ley-Line Node from each boss per day per account.
- The Ley-Line nodes each drop a single Condensed Ley-Line Essence, of the same 'color' as the node.
- These essences are used in the creation of Shiny and Ultra Shiny weapons (the upgraded version of the first set), along with other materials.
- There are five of each and the full set requires 18 azure, 18 crimson, 12 saffron, and 12 emerald essences or only half that for just the Shiny skins.
- A pair of essences of one color can be converted to a single essence of any of the others.