From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
The chat panel allows you to send messages to other players, communicate with large groups, and displays various in-game messages in real-time.
|Shortcut||Command||Channel activated||Seen by...||Color|
||Map||Current Map||pale red|
|Team||Active team (WvW & sPvP only)||bright red|
||Private|| Sends private message
/r replies to last whisper name
|NPCs||Lime green||Dialogue from nearby NPCs.|
|Combat||Gray||Damage dealt and received.|
|Emotes||Displays emotes used by players.|
|Game messages||Red, Pale yellow||Error messages (e.g. "inventory ...full"), status messages (e.g. screenshot saved), friend list updates, quest status messages.|
- One chat line is limited to 199 characters.
- The chat panel can save up to 5 tabs.
- If you send messages too frequently (unspecified), subsequent messages will be blocked for an undetermined (and possibly variable) length of time with "Your message was suppressed due to excessive messaging." displayed in your chat window.
- Trial accounts can not use /map chat.
- Trial accounts can only whisper players who have added the trial account holder to their friend list.