Command the Shield of the Avenger to form a protective dome, and then shatter, flying out to weaken nearby foes.
- Damage: 133 (0.5)?
- Weakness (6s): -50% Endurance Regeneration, 50% Fumble (Unrestricted)
Number of Targets: 5
Count Recharge: 25s
- Range: 1,200
- Duration: 4s
— In-game description [?]
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| September 22, 2017
|| Path of Fire release:
- Reduced the cast time of this skill from 0.75 seconds to 0.5 seconds.
- Increased the duration of the missile shield from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
| August 16, 2017
- Fixed a bug that prevented Shield of the Avenger damage from scaling with the guardian's attributes.
| August 10, 2017
- Fixed a bug that could cause spirit weapons to go on cooldown after not being used for a sufficient amount of time.
| August 08, 2017
|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
- Spirit weapons have been reworked. They now use the ammo system.
- Shield of the Avenger: This now has an ammo count of 3, and using the skill creates a protective dome and flings projectiles at nearby enemies.
- Count recharge is 25 seconds.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
| September 09, 2014
- This spirit weapon is no longer destroyed when the Command skill is used.
| April 15, 2014
- Updated the skill description to better communicate the skill's effects.
| August 06, 2013
- Removed the range skill fact on the summon.
| May 28, 2013
- No longer destroys unblockable projectiles.
| April 30, 2013
- Increased health of this summoned spirit by 14%.
| February 26, 2013
- The health of this spirit has been increased by 30%.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Shield of the Avenger has been added to the game.
- Possible reference to the comic book character Captain America, a shield-wielding member of the superhero team known as The Avengers.