- Halloween creature
- Lunatic Inquisition
(Mad King's Realm)
Mad King's Labyrinth
(Mad King's Realm)
- Part of
- Slay the Labyrinthine Horror
Booby-trapped walls in the Labyrinth.
The Labyrinthine Horror is a massive, powerful skeleton that periodically spawns when a player approaches one of the random booby-trapped walls in the Mad King's Labyrinth, which can be identified by their red glow. (See map for trap locations).
The Horror is fragile compared to the other Labyrinth bosses, but deals high damage and is extremely difficult to outrun. It can easily catch even the fastest of player characters and roams around the entire circumference of the Labyrinth, making it difficult to avoid and/or pin down as well. Most notably, players can accidentally summon it while they're fighting the Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn or Skeletal Lich if they don't watch where they're going.
- Mad King's Realm
- Lunatic Inquisition (Randomly)
- Mad King's Labyrinth (During related events only)
- Slay the Labyrinthine Horror (80) [Group Event]
- Ripper - High-damage melee auto-attack that cleaves and hits up to 6 times over 1 second, inflicting Bleeding for 20 seconds with each hit. 200 range.
- Spirit Scream - The Horror raises up its greatsword and shouts, dealing damage and inflicting 6-10 stacks of Torment for 20 seconds to enemies in a point-blank area of effect while gaining Swiftness for 8 seconds and transferring all conditions back to attackers. This skill has a low cooldown, a range of roughly 1500 units, and it does not require line of sight to hit enemies. 2 second recharge.
- Whirling Slash - The Horror does a whirling charge in target direction, dealing point-blank area of effect damage as it travels. This skill can hit a single target up to 12 times and inflicts Bleeding for 20 seconds with each hit. 2 second recharge.
- Stolen skills
|Large Candy Bag||Container||Exotic||1|
|Limited-Use Mad King Finisher||Consumable||Basic||1|
|Limited-Use Scarecrow Finisher||Consumable||Basic||1|
|Chattering Skull||Crafting material||Masterwork||1|
|Piece of Candy Corn||Consumable, Crafting material||Basic||1-2|
|Ancient Bone||Crafting material||Rare||1|
|Large Bone||Crafting material||Fine||1|
- Grants the Approval of the Mad King effect upon being killed.
- Killing this creature awards the Bonebreaker achievement.
- It's on a variable respawn timer and often respawns faster than the Lich and Viscount.
- Once the timer has elapsed, the Horror will emerge from the wall when any player approaches one of the flashing red areas within the Labyrinth. These are at the same locations that alert Lunatics when approached by Villagers in Lunatic Inquisition.
- The Labyrinthine Horror was first introduced with the October 15th, 2013 update, as part of the Blood and Madness release, and has been a part of every Halloween festival since then.
- It is identical in appearance to the Skeleton familiar summoned by the Executioner Axe Toy.
- It wields a weapon, referred to internally as "Warrior Sword"(id 36151) that uses the Greatsaw skin.
- The Labyrinthine Horror's unpredictable spawn and movement patterns and its tendency to ambush unsuspecting players has made it a popular target of jokes and memes and has led many players to refer to it by various nicknames, most commonly Steve.