From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Snowden Drifts
- Frostgorge Sound
- Honor of the Waves (explorable)
- Clear the icebrood from Deep and Troubled Waters (78)
- Weaken Deep Song to make her regain her sanity (78)
- Destroy the dredge mining camp (77)
- Break the dredge siege at Slough of Despond (77)
- Defend Blue Ice Station from the dredge (74)
- Drive the dredge out of Blue Ice Station (74)
- Defeat the Icebrood Atrocity (78) [Group Event]
- Defend Cresting Wave as he stands against the icebrood (78)
- At the Black Ice Pass
- You've proven yourself a strong and loyal ally to the kodan. How may I reciprocate?
- Braziers come from?
I have a question. Where do these
- Kodan Snowcaller: These braziers are gifts from Koda, the one true creator of the world.
- Kodan Snowcaller: The flames provide offense against the severe cold.
- Kodan Snowcaller: As long as Koda continues to deliver these braziers to us, we know we are on the right path.
- Kodan Snowcaller: You also must learn to use them to your advantage. So long as you fight at our side, you are welcome to.
I'm curious about the origins of the Kodan. What can you tell me?
- Kodan Snowcaller: Long ago, Koda, the Ancient One, Founder of the Earth, Keeper of the Sky, formed the world.
- Kodan Snowcaller: In the beginning, the spirits of the world were wild and untamed.
- Kodan Snowcaller: Then one day, a bear stood up on two legs and saw that the spirits of the world were restless and chaotic.
- Kodan Snowcaller: The bear could not understand the endless cycles of creation and destruction.
- Kodan Snowcaller: And so the bear was the first creature to speak, and with her first words, she asked Koda, "Why is this so?"
- Kodan Snowcaller: Koda was pleased and made an offer to the bear. "If you would watch and learn, then watch and learn."
- Kodan Snowcaller: "One day, your offspring will protect and guide this world's spirits."
- I'm fine, thank you.
- At the lower level of Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- What can I do to assist you, friend?
I have a question. Where do you come from?
- Kodan Snowcaller: The kodan are an ancient race. My ancestors come from far north of here, out among glacial mountains and sea.
- Kodan Snowcaller: When Jormag rose, we feared the world had lost its balance.
- Kodan Snowcaller: Many of our sanctuaries, our city-ships, were scattered by the dragon. Many destroyed.
- Kodan Snowcaller: We kodan are here to return the world to a state of balance in Koda's name.
- Kodan Snowcaller: It is nature's way to seek the point of purest equilibrium. We're here to ensure it happens.
- norn have similar beliefs. Don't you find that interesting?
You and the
- Kodan Snowcaller: In the beginning, the kodan tribes spread across the land. Their journeys were bounded only by the seashore.
- Kodan Snowcaller: And everywhere they went, they brought balance. They watched, learned, and hunted, and so served the will of Koda.
- Kodan Snowcaller: Time passed. All things grow and all things die, even the glacier is not unchanging.
- Kodan Snowcaller: There came the dragonstorm, and it did not end though season after season, generation after generation, passed.
- Kodan Snowcaller: Our seers, the Voices of Koda, said it was again time to wait, watch, and learn, but not act.
- Kodan Snowcaller: With their thick white fur, my ancestors would be safe. Waiting, however, was not easy. They could not hunt.
- Kodan Snowcaller: In the sanctuary halls, the rumbling of bellies echoed like the roaring of bears.
- Kodan Snowcaller: In answer to your question, which I have not forgotten, I will tell you a story.
- Kodan Snowcaller: It's the tale of a Claw who lost his Voice to the dragonstorm and subsequently refused to stay safely hidden.
- Kodan Snowcaller: He said that fur or no fur, storm or no storm, a hunter hunts.
- Kodan Snowcaller: He and several others went out into the storm to seek hunting grounds in the dry southern lands, where the snow fell gently.
- Kodan Snowcaller: And they were never seen again.
- I'm fine, thank you.
- At the upper level of Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Greetings. Welcome to the warmth of Koda. Is there anything I can do for you?
Thank you. I'm curious about kodan sanctuaries.
- Kodan Snowcaller: The last time the dragons awoke, our ancestors took to the north seas to escape them.
- Kodan Snowcaller: When the storm of the last awakening had finally passed, my ancestors saw their gift from Koda.
- Kodan Snowcaller: Great sections of the seas had frozen, creating floating islands of ice.
- Kodan Snowcaller: And those kodan climbed onto them and so found a way to live upon the sea.
- Kodan Snowcaller: And they watched and they learned and they hunted.
- Kodan Snowcaller: I wish you can have seen our sanctuaries before Jormag blew them to the four winds. They were majestic.
- Kodan Snowcaller: We built them on ice floes or glaciers floating upon the frigid sea. It is now our tradition.
- I'm fine, thank you.