How to make a new project
Create a new article in the Guild Wars 2 Wiki namespace which has the name of your project. For instance, if you wanted to make a project to change inventory icon formatting to create consistency, you could make a page named "Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Projects/Inventory icon formatting"
The project page itself should be clear on what the project is trying to achieve. It may include things like:
- An overview of what the project aims to do.
- A detailed to-do list for the project.
Once the project page is ready, remember to add it to the list of current projects above and to Category:Projects with the appropriate sort key (e.g. [[Category:Projects|Inventory icon formatting]]).
- Document armor sets and outfits with screenshots that aren't from the preview window.
- Document explorable areas and their contents such as renown hearts, skill points...
- Track and update changes on the wiki made to the game during the Living World updates updates. As well as determine the best way to streamline this process.
- Creating map files (area and locator maps) for almost everywhere.
- Adding map coordinates for NPCs so they have a map of where there are on their page.
- Finding the nourishment effect ids from foods and utility items.
- Unifying the formatting of dialogue and collecting all quotes, dialogues and so on.
- Articles selected regularly with gold bounty for improvement.
- Make sure the pictures already on the wiki are good quality, the correct format, up to date, and bright enough to see.
- Implementation and all things related to the use of SMW on the wiki.
- Unite all NPCs, both enemy and allied, who have the same in game model to use the same image here on the wiki.
- Implementation of skill histories for skills and traits.
- Keeping track of which unimplemented articles are worth to keep and which are not.
- List your birthday! You'll get cake! (Okay that's a lie but...)
- Project to work on documenting the guild hall.
- Document Legendary Weapon collections.
- Unifying page layout of pages related to the personal storyline and adding all the information necessary.
- Document raids.
- Sigils and Runes update
- Updating all the runes and sigils that got changed in the update on the 13th of November 2018.
- Articles analyzing game mechanics that are considered too subjective or opinionated to be allowed into main-space.
- Ask questions that we can't discern in-game and that we can use to improve the wiki.
- List and gallery of all armor sets.
- Reorganizing the entire wiki category tree.
- Collecting screen grabs of the monsters and animals of Tyria.
- Unifying the formatting of /dialogue subpages for NPCs and Locations.
- Collecting data from item drops and determining drop rates.
- Mapping out the options, chains and rewards in an effective way.
- Keeping the wiki up-to-date on the competitive scene.
- Project for managing the Featured page on the main page.
- Show more information about which skills are ground-targetable.
- Gathering information from Guild Wars related articles, interviews and footage.
- Clean up Special:UnusedFiles by retrieving useful files that have been victims of page moves.
- Participate in and collect information from upcoming ArenaNet "Preview Play Days"
- Expanding the Damage, Support, and Control articles.
- Uploading animated gifs of skill animations.
- Creating a comprehensive list of who and what can be reflected in PvE, WvW, and PvP.