The Mystic Forge is a crafting station located in the heart of the Lion's Arch Mystic Plaza near the Trader's Forum waypoint, within the Heart of the Mists, and within each Borderlands' garrison and Stonemist Castle in World versus World. It can also be accessed with Mystic Forge Conduits and Mystic Forge Nodes from anywhere in the world. This strange object holds the imprisoned djinn Zommoros, who hails from distant Elona. If you offer him the proper gifts, he will create new items for you. Miyani provides information to learn more about Zommoros and the operation of the forge. She can be found next to the forge in Lion's Arch. She sells mystic recipes for coin and mystic items for skill points that are used in crafting items specific to the forge.
The mystic forge has various uses, ranging from transmuting weapons to higher level versions to the crafting of legendary weapons. The forge also plays a role in infused equipment. It plays an important function in economy by providing a goldsink and removing excess quantities of low level items. The Mystic Forge Node was an item temporarily introduced to remove an influx of common crafting materials present in the Trading Post. The forge is the most common method to obtain precursor weapons, as they can only be obtained otherwise as a very rare drop from enemies or chests. This provides a demand for weapons used in the generic recipe to obtain precursor weapons, along with other exotic weapons. In turn, these weapons can be obtained from drops or by crafting. For the crafted weapons, they all require Orichalcum Ores and Ancient Wood Logs as well as tier 6 crafting materials. Like weapons, low level crafting materials can be refined into high level materials.
The Mystic Forge is a special crafting station that can be used by all characters. Recipes in the forge always require four ingredients. Recipes can be discovered in a similar fashion to crafting professions, but there is no tab to record them. Generic recipes will show all other equipment of the same rarity as valid in terms of the discovery.
Generic recipes typically require four pieces of equipment of the same rarity and will create a random piece of equipment of that rarity whose level is 5-12 levels higher than the average level of the inputs, with a chance that the item will be promoted in rarity.. If four pieces of equipment of the same type and rarity are used, the equipment received will be of the same type in addition to normal function; all universal upgrades count as a single type for this purpose. This serves as a way to obtain high level versions of a certain piece of equipment. The forge can also be used to transmute crafting materials, dyes, and blueprints among other items. There is roughly a 20% chance to create a random higher rarity item, by combining four dyes, runes, sigils, mini-pets, or four pieces of equipment of equal rarity.
The Mystic Forge is a source for many of the unique and high level weapons in the game, such as mystic and legendary weapons. These items often require mystic coins, high level items, and large resources.
Research on Mystic Forge recipes can be found here.
 Crafting material promotion
Common, fine and rare crafting materials can be promoted to higher tier materials using recipes that follow these formulas:
- The number of common and fine materials returned is random. Upgrading to tier 6 has a lower yield than all other tiers.
- Common material promotion yields 10–40 (~17 on average) materials for tier 6 and approximately 40–150 for lower tiers.
- Fine material promotion returns 3–10 (~6 on average) for tier 6 and 7–40 (~15 on average) for lower tiers. Dust promotion yield is similar to that of common materials.
- Ore and ingot promotion paths are somewhat irregular.
- Copper Ore can only promote into Iron, which only promotes into Platinum. Silver Ore can turn into Gold, which also promotes into Platinum. Iron is considered a lower tier material for this promotion. The path continues to Mithril and Orichalcum ores as expected.
- Copper Ingots promote into Silver, Silver into Gold, Gold into Platinum, Platinum into Mithril and Mithril into Orichalcum. Darksteel Ingots can also be promoted into Mithril, where they count as a lower tier material then Platinum. Separately from this path, Bronze Ingots turn into Iron, which turns to Steel.
 Ascended materials
Ascended materials from Fractals of the Mists can be both upgraded and degraded.
|Materials created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|3 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence||1 Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence||1 Mystic Coin|| 1 Master's Salvage Kit
|1 Fractal Relic|
|3 Globs of Coagulated Mists Essence||1 Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence||1 Mystic Coin|| 1 Master's Salvage Kit
|1 Fractal Relic|
|1 Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence||5 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence||1 Mystic Coin||1 Glob of Ectoplasm||1 Fractal Relic|
|1 Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence||5 Globs of Coagulated Mists Essence||1 Mystic Coin||1 Glob of Ectoplasm||1 Fractal Relic|
 Mystic Clovers
|Material created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|1 Mystic Clover (~33% chance)||1 Obsidian Shard||1 Mystic Coin||1 Glob of Ectoplasm||6 Philosopher's Stones|
|10 Mystic Clovers (~33% chance)||10 Obsidian Shards||10 Mystic Coins||10 Globs of Ectoplasm||10 Crystals|
Both recipes pull from the same pool of random results, but the bulk recipe costs and yields ten times more. Using the recipe results in one of the following drops (multiply by 10 for the 10-Clover recipe):
- 1-5 random tier 6 refined materials: Orichalcum Ingot, Ancient Wood Plank, Bolt of Gossamer, Cured Hardened Leather Square
- 2-4 random tier 6 fine materials: Ancient Bone, Vicious Claw, Pile of Crystalline Dust, Vicious Fang, Armored Scale, Elaborate Totem, Powerful Venom Sac, Vial of Powerful Blood
- 1 random tier 5 rare material: Pile of Putrid Essence, Onyx Lodestone, Molten Lodestone, Glacial Lodestone, Destroyer Lodestone, Crystal Lodestone, Corrupted Lodestone, Charged Lodestone
- 2 Globs of Ectoplasm
- Non-material items
 Equipment and upgrade components
 Player versus Player
 Upgraded siege weapon blueprints
Siege weapons used in World vs World can be upgraded into more powerful variants at the cost of requiring more supply to build.
|Blueprint created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|Superior Flame Ram Blueprints||2 Flame Ram Blueprints||1 Siege Masters Guide||5 Mithril Ores||5 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Arrow Cart Blueprints||2 Arrow Cart Blueprints||1 Siege Masters Guide||5 Mithril Ores||5 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Ballista Blueprints||2 Ballista Blueprints||1 Siege Masters Guide||5 Mithril Ores||5 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Catapult Blueprints||2 Catapult Blueprints||1 Siege Masters Guide||5 Mithril Ores||5 Elder Wood Logs|
|Superior Trebuchet Blueprints||2 Trebuchet Blueprints||1 Siege Masters Guide||10 Mithril Ores||10 Elder Wood Logs|
|Omega Siege Golem Blueprints||5 Alpha Siege Golem Blueprints||3 Siege Masters Guides||10 Mithril Ores||10 Elder Wood Logs|
 Structured PvP
|Recipe created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|PvP equipment||10 Arcane Powders||1 arcane token||1 rank token||1 equipment token|
|11 Arcane Orbs||1 PvP Arcane Converter||25 Arcane Powders||1 Arcane Orb||25 Arcane Slivers|
|11 Arcane Crystals||1 PvP Arcane Converter||25 Arcane Powders||1 Arcane Crystal||25 Arcane Orbs|
|11 Arcane Slivers||1 PvP Arcane Converter||25 Arcane Powders||1 Arcane Sliver||25 Arcane Crystals|
|Unidentified Dye (account bound)||1 Consumable Token||1 Arcane Orb||10 Arcane Powders||1 Arcane Sliver|
|Finisher||1 Consumable Token||1 Arcane Orb||10 Arcane Powders||1 rank token|
|PvP Glory Booster||1 Consumable Token||1 Arcane Orb||10 Arcane Powders||1 Arcane Crystal|
- The tiers of used rank token and arcane token determine the rarity of the resulting item, while the equipment token determines its type.
 Other items
|Item created||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|Mystic Salvage Kit||3 Mystic Forge Stones|| 1 Fine Salvage Kit
| 1 Journeyman's Salvage Kit
| 1 Master's Salvage Kit|
|Booster Multipack||1 Experience Booster||1 Karma Booster||1 Magic Find Booster||1 Leather Bag|
|Improved Experience Booster||5 Experience Boosters||10 Tiny Totems||10 Piles of Glittering Dust||1 Philosopher's Stone|
See Mystic Forge/Other Items for the remaining recipes.
- The forge will accept more than one of the same item if you split the stack.
- ^ Massively Exclusive: Eric Flannum talks Guild Wars 2 beta changes, massively.joystiq