A recipe is a list of materials which combine to create a specific item by crafting. Recipes are learned through the following methods:
- A set of recipes are learned automatically every 25 levels as a character progresses in a crafting discipline.
- Additional recipes can be learned by using the Discovery crafting mode at a crafting table.
- Some recipes are learned by using a recipe sheet.
 Recipe sheets
- Primary article: Recipe sheet
Recipe sheets are items that provide access to recipes when consumed. A recipe sheet can be purchased from a vendor, found in packages, or created from the Mystic Forge. This is one of two ways to obtain knowledge of a recipe, the other being discovery. Recipe sheets are thus a part of the crafting process. All recipe sheets are account bound; the items that are crafted from such recipes are soulbound to the character that crafts them.
- The recipe for any given item is the same for all characters.
- Individual recipes are listed in the article associated with the relevant crafting discipline.