Upcoming changes and features
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- February 25th Update
- Build and Equipment Templates: Revert button for changes to templates.
- Updates for Brand-New Players 
- Simple achievements to guide new players through the early levels toward activities they might find interesting and award useful items and AP.
- February 2020 Competitive Update 
- Swiss-style Tournaments 
- Mini-Seasons between regular league seasons. 
- New Armor Set: Warlord’s Armor 
- PvP & WvW
- Bonus Rewards Event 
- Episode 3 — Unknown date.
- Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire - in Q1 2020, story following Ryland's elite Steel Warband exploring the Darkrime Delves. 
These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.
- General content
- Episode 3 and 4 - map is meta-focused with a push-and-pull feel similar to WvW in a PvE setting 
- Possibility of Jeweler level 500. 
- Expansions are not ruled out.
- "Season One is always on our mind." 
- More Strike Missions as a ramp for Raids.
- Special Tournaments 
- On Demand Tournaments 
- Spirit Watch revisions 
- Different ratings for different PvP modes 
- Deathmatch custom arena map intended for larger teams. 
- Large PvP map: 15 on 15
- Possibility of PvP / WvW Festival 
- Matchup information made available ahead of time is looked into, but complicated. 
- WvW World Restructuring of servers. 
- Scaling objective rewards
- Re-balance of siege 
- Possibility of PvP / WvW Festival
- More raids. 
- Possibility of story difficulty option. 
- Difficulty aimed to be "more back in line with Spirit Vale when compared to Bastion of the Penitent. 
- Will not include new raid-specific masteries. 
- Possibility of repeatable Challenge Motes in Raids. 
- Kraitkin may be given nighttime effects. 
- An entire set of legendary trinkets have been planned out. 
- World 3 and World 4 are unlikely to be added. 
- Primary article: Server reset
Daily reset occurs at 00:00.
Weekly resets occur at:
- Monday 07:30 UTC — Raid rewards and progress reset. Guild mission rewards reset and new random missions given to guilds.
- Monday 23:30 — Bjora Marches Strike Mission changes.
- Thursday 20:00 UTC — Map bonus rewards reset.
- Friday 18:00 UTC (roughly) — World versus World reset for EU servers (the exact time varies from week to week).
- Saturday 02:00 UTC (roughly) — World versus World reset for NA servers (the exact time varies from week to week).
- ^ Comment by Fire Attunement
- ^ Updates for Brand-New Players by Fire Attunement
- ^ a b c d e f Call to Glory: February 2020 Competitive Update
- ^ Upcoming Balance Notes
- ^ Swiss Tournaments Are Coming
- ^ a b Looking Ahead to the New Year
- ^ a b c d e A Message from Andrew Gray
- ^ a b c d What’s Next for Guild Wars 2
- ^ a b c d The future of Guild Wars 2: “This is a statement: we’re not done”
- ^ a b PvP Features in Progress, Official Forum Post by Gaile Gray
- ^ a b Future Plans: Competitive
- ^ PvP Features in Progress
- ^ a b Comment by Ben Phongluangtham
- ^ Comment by Ben Phongluangtham, official Guild Wars 2 forums
- ^ Comment by Devon Carver
- ^ World Restructuring, Official Forum Post by Gaile Gray
- ^ World Restructuring Update 1, Update 1
- ^ World Restructuring Update 2, Update 2
- ^ WvW Work In Progress
- ^ a b , Full English translation for the german interview with Mike Z
- ^ , Post by Crystal Reid on the official forums
- ^ , Post by anet_ianim on Reddit
- ^ , post by DeltaxHunter on Reddit, Full English translation for the German interview with Mike Z.
- ^ , Post by mattp on Reddit
- ^ , Post by AndrewM on Reddit
- ^ Josh Foreman on Guild Chat #37