Upcoming changes and features
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Living World
- The Icebrood Saga: Champions — multi-chapter finale of The Icebrood Saga
These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.
- General content
- Possibility of Jeweler level 500. 
- "We continually have conversations about how best we can bring Living World Season One back." 
- More Strike Missions as a ramp for Raids.
- Bonus PvE events
- Special Tournaments 
- On Demand Tournaments 
- Spirit Watch revisions 
- Different ratings for different PvP modes 
- Deathmatch custom arena map intended for larger teams. 
- Large PvP map: 15 on 15
- Possibility of PvP / WvW Festival 
- Matchup information made available ahead of time is looked into, but complicated. 
- WvW World Restructuring of servers. 
- Scaling objective rewards
- Re-balance of siege 
- Possibility of PvP / WvW Festival
- More raids. 
- Possibility of story difficulty option. 
- Will not include new raid-specific masteries. 
- Possibility of repeatable Challenge Motes in Raids. 
- Kraitkin may be given nighttime effects. 
- "Legendary armory" — Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. 
- World 3 and World 4 are unlikely to be added within the next year or two (as of 2020), but ArenaNet are "chipping away at it behind the scenes". 
- Guild Wars 2 coming to Steam, players won't be able to transfer an existing account to Steam.  Launch has been put on hold for the time being. 
- Primary article: Server reset
Daily reset occurs at 00:00.
Weekly resets occur at:
- Monday 07:30
- Weekly limit on gold transfer via mail or guild bank is reset.
- Guild mission rewards reset and new random missions are given to guilds.
- Raid rewards and progress reset.
- Weekly Fractals achievements rewarding Fractal Fighter's Caches are reset.
- Emissary Chests in Eye of the North.
- A Black Lion Chest Key may only be obtained from the level 10 personal story once per account per week.
- Weekly Festival Merchants reset their inventory.
- Monday 23:30 — The three weekly Bjora Marches strike missions rotate.
- Thursday 20:00 — Map bonus rewards reset.
- Friday 18:00 (roughly) — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Saturday 02:00 (roughly) — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- ^ "In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play.", Guildwars2.com
- ^ Watch the Trailer for The Icebrood Saga: Champions Chapter 2, Guildwars2.com
- ^ a b c Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future
- ^ Guild Wars 2 Anniversary Livestream
- ^ Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, Official Guild Wars 2 website
- ^ a b c d What’s Next for Guild Wars 2
- ^ a b c The future of Guild Wars 2: “This is a statement: we’re not done”
- ^ a b c A Message from Andrew Gray
- ^ a b PvP Features in Progress, Official Forum Post by Gaile Gray
- ^ a b Future Plans: Competitive
- ^ PvP Features in Progress
- ^ a b Comment by Ben Phongluangtham
- ^ Comment by Ben Phongluangtham, official Guild Wars 2 forums
- ^ Comment by Devon Carver
- ^ World Restructuring, Official Forum Post by Gaile Gray
- ^ World Restructuring Update 1, Update 1
- ^ World Restructuring Update 2, Update 2
- ^ WvW Work In Progress
- ^ a b , Full English translation for the german interview with Mike Z
- ^ , Post by anet_ianim on Reddit
- ^ , post by DeltaxHunter on Reddit, Full English translation for the German interview with Mike Z.
- ^ , Post by mattp on Reddit
- ^ https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100933/legendary-equipment-and-templates
- ^ Comment by Laevateinn.6289, official Guild Wars 2 forums
- ^ Guild Wars 2 coming to Steam
- ^ , Guild Wars 2 Steam Release News, Guildwars2.com