Upcoming changes and features
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Further balance updates to the Untamed elite specialization
- Balance update on October 4, 2022
- Mostly focus on addressing issues in PvP/WvW.
- See Upcoming changes and features/2022-10-04 for details.
- Major profession balance update on November 29, 2022
- Living World Season 1 returns - 5 releases over 2022, permanently free for everyone
- TBD - Episode 5: Battle for Lion's Arch
- New maps and story in Cantha
- New Strike Mission and Challenge Mode with Season 1 - Battle for Lion's Arch
- WvW World Restructuring system - population balance
- More rewarding
- WvW betas
- WvW bonus events
- TBD - Legendary variant themed after Jormag
- TBD - Legendary variant themed after Primordus
- TBD - Legendary variant themed after Soo-Won
- Profession and specialization balances with higher priority
- Updated new player experience
- Small, incremental changes, testing with a small number of players
- Changes every few weeks
These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.
- Fourth expansion pack - announced on March 22, 2022, don't expect news anytime soon
- General content
- Possibility of Jeweler level 500. 
- More Strike Missions as a ramp for Raids.
- Bonus PvE events
- Special Tournaments 
- On Demand Tournaments 
- Spirit Watch revisions 
- Different ratings for different PvP modes 
- Deathmatch custom arena map intended for larger teams. 
- Large PvP map: 15 on 15
- Possibility of PvP / WvW Festival 
- Matchup information made available ahead of time is looked into, but complicated. 
- Scaling objective rewards
- Re-balance of siege 
- Possibility of PvP / WvW Festival
- World 3 and World 4 are unlikely to be added within the next year or two (as of 2020), but ArenaNet are "chipping away at it behind the scenes". 
- Primary article: Server reset
Daily reset occurs at 00:00.
Weekly resets occur at:
- Monday 07:30
- Weekly limit on gold transfer via mail or guild bank is reset.
- Guild mission rewards reset and new random missions are given to guilds.
- Raid rewards and progress reset.
- Weekly Fractals achievements rewarding Fractal Fighter's Caches are reset.
- Vigil Emissary Chest in Eye of the North.
- A Black Lion Chest Key may only be obtained from the level 10 personal story once per account per week.
- Weekly Festival Merchants reset their inventory.
- Monday 23:30 — The three weekly Bjora Marches strike missions rotate.
- Thursday 20:00 — Map bonus rewards reset.
- Friday 18:00 (roughly) — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Saturday 02:00 (roughly) — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- ^ , Comment by ANet_Solar on Reddit
- ^ a b Quick Update on the Skills and Balance Team
- ^ Profession Balance: Next Steps and Preview of June 30 Balance Update
- ^ a b c d e f g ArenaNet Studio Update: The Future of Guild Wars 2
- ^ World vs. World Update: June 2022
- ^ The Facet of Shadow and Death
- ^ The future of Guild Wars 2: ArenaNet announces return of Season 1, and teases next expansion
- ^ a b c d What’s Next for Guild Wars 2
- ^ a b c A Message from Andrew Gray
- ^ a b Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future
- ^ a b PvP Features in Progress, Official Forum Post by Gaile Gray
- ^ Future Plans: Competitive
- ^ PvP Features in Progress
- ^ a b Comment by Ben Phongluangtham
- ^ Comment by Ben Phongluangtham, official Guild Wars 2 forums
- ^ Comment by Devon Carver
- ^ WvW Work In Progress
- ^ a b , Full English translation for the german interview with Mike Z
- ^ The future of Guild Wars 2: “This is a statement: we’re not done”
- ^ , Post by mattp on Reddit
- ^ Comment by Laevateinn.6289, official Guild Wars 2 forums