— In-game description
The Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic is an infinite use Basic Salvage Kit purchased from the Gem Store. Instead of having a set amount of charges when purchased, it has infinite charges, but requires 3 per use. For comparison, a normal Basic Salvage Kit costs 88 and comes with 25 uses, equating to 3.52 per use. The first time it is used to salvage something, and every few times thereafter, it will talk in a golem-like voice.
- This is the only proper course.
- We have completed the task at hand.
- Threshold achieved.
- Now I shall break you.
- Power flow at 30%. Rerouting.
- This is most remarkable.
- Target destroyed.
- Begin destruction protocol.
- I was manufactured to the highest standards.
- Given the gold-gem exchange rate is 33 67 per gem and each salvage saves 0.52 , you would have to salvage approximately 5,180,000 items before it becomes cheaper than using Basic Salvage Kits.
- This means that you have to complete the Agent of Entropy achievement 25,900 times. You only need to complete it for 125 times to get all the achievement points.
- Originally the item was basic rarity and functioned exactly like a Basic Salvage Kit, however after the November 26, 2013 game update, the rarity was changed to rare and users reported that it began functioning like a Master's Salvage Kit instead. The description remained unchanged, and it is uncertain if this was intentional behavior. The item's rarity was changed back to basic in a later update.
- The inventory icon for this item bears a strong resemblance to a slot machine.
Gem Store history
|Gem Store History|
|Start date||End date||Discount||Notes|
|August 13, 2013||Available||-||
|March 28, 2014||March 28, 2014||20%|
|August 30, 2014||September 01, 2014||??%|
|March 07, 2016||Unknown||20%|
|August 25, 2016||August 27, 2016||15%|
|March 05, 2017||March 05, 2017||25%|
|December 30, 2017||January 01, 2018||20%|
|June 08, 2018||June 15, 2018||30%|
|September 01, 2018||September 03, 2018||35%|
|December 28, 2018||December 31, 2018||25%|
|August 02, 2019||August 09, 2019||25%|
|December 29, 2019||December 31, 2019||30%|
|March 05, 2020||March 06, 2020||25%|
|August 12, 2020||August 18, 2020||25%|