Mystery of the Raven Gate Ruins is an achievement for completing a light puzzle within Bjora Marches.
Use the Raven Gate that's north of Shrine of the Valorous Wolverine. The gate is on a cliff to the west above the Ice Fishers, overlooking their frozen lake. You must have the Raven's Flight mastery to use the Raven Gate.
Raven Gate location on map.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to the Raven Gate Ruins light puzzle.
This is a light puzzle. When you activate the statue on a pedestal of a raven carrying a torch, balls of light will begin to emanate from it and bounce off of nearby mirrors. Some of those mirrors need to be rotated to allow the ball of light to continue to travel. Your goal is to allow the ball of light to get from the starting pedestal to the end chest, rotating mirrors and opening doors if necessary to allow it to move unimpeded. If you have your audio on, there is a change in the sound effects that play when the light impacts a mirror that has been rotated in the correct direction. You must have the Raven Bond mastery to do this puzzle. If you do not have the Raven's Flight mastery, you will need a friend to open the Raven Gates for you in the second half of the puzzle, but you can still complete it with assistance.
For this walkthrough, the blue arrows will indicate the path that the light needs to travel to reach the end of the puzzle.
- After you enter the ruins, move north until you see a statue (marked with the green arrow in the images). Activate this statue to begin the light puzzle.
- Turn Mirror #1, marked with a purple circle icon.
- If the nearby raven door is unlocked, proceed through the door, following the path of the light. Otherwise, follow the red path to the nearby Raven Lock #1 and interact with it, which will open door #1.
- As you pass through door #1, take note of the raven lock on your left. This will also open door #1 from behind, if you need to backtrack or if you take too long and need to open the door again for the light to pass through.
- As you enter room #2, you will see a pile of rubble on your right. Climb up these rocks and across the scaffolding to reach the mirror and rotate it.
- If the nearby raven door is unlocked, proceed through the door, following the path of the light. Otherwise, follow the red path up the scaffolding to the nearby Raven Lock #2 and interact with it, which will open door #2.
- As you pass through door #2, there is also a Raven Lock on your left. This will also open door #2.
- As you enter room #3, rotate the mirror in the center of the room, marked with a square icon.
- If the nearby raven door is unlocked, proceed through the door, following the path of the light. Otherwise, follow the red path up the rubble on your left and up the scaffolding to the nearby Raven Lock #3 and interact with it. This will open door #3.
Room #4 (Stairway)
- Follow the stairs down and then take a right. Keep in mind that there is a Raven Lock on your left as you pass through door #3 that will open door #3 if you need to backtrack.
- The light will hit a statue on your right, after which a chest will spawn. Interact with this chest to collect your rewards for the first half of this puzzle.