Shadow of the Mad King is a Halloween-themed release and the first major update for Guild Wars 2 that went live on 22 October 2012. It includes a number of new features, new content to explore and see, and a week-long Halloween event.
 Halloween Event
||Halloween Event Trailer has a video on YouTube.
- See also: Halloween 2012
The Halloween event began on October 22nd and lasted until 3:00 AM on November 2nd, 2012 (UTC). The event was presented in four different acts which focused on the return of Mad King Thorn and delved into his backstory.
Over 50 events were introduced in this update, involving two specific enemies:
 Jumping Puzzles
- Added karma rewards to daily and monthly achievements.
- Added 19 new exploration achievements to the Explorer achievement list, including “Dive Master,” which tracks unique diving goggle uses.
- Added a new Jumping Puzzles achievement category.
- Moved all existing jumping puzzle achievements from the “Explorer” category to the “Jumping Puzzles” category.
- Added 4 additional jumping puzzle achievements.
- Added a new Bosses achievement category.
- The Crash Landing achievement has been moved from the “Explorer” category to the “Bosses” category.
- Added 7 new boss achievements.
 See also
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Costume-Brawl-for-All
- ^ http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/b/337726366
- ^ https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-November-01-2012
 External links