Lunar New Year 2016
Lunar New Year 2016 was an event celebrating the new Year of the Monkey, that took place in the Crown Pavilion in Divinity's Reach. It was released with the January 26, 2016 update. The festival ended on February 9, 2016.
- Returning rewards
- Divine Lucky Envelope
- Dragon Ball Champion's Divine Lucky Envelope
- Homemade Lucky Envelope
- Little Lucky Envelope
- Personalized Homemade Lucky Envelope from Black Lion Chests
- Various Firecrackers
- Various Foods
- New Items
The event takes place in Divinity's Reach, in the Crown Pavilion. During this entire event, all players are affected by the Memories of Home effect, which increases Magic Find by 15%.
The main goal of the Lunar New Year is to open lucky envelopes for prizes. Players can purchase up to 16 Divine Lucky Envelopes from Phaedra each day per account, and can purchase more if they have tokens from playing the Dragon Ball activity. Each envelope costs 1 gold and always drops a figurine that makes back most of that money, along with firecrackers or treats. The envelopes can also rarely drop the two new monkey lantern backpieces, as well as an ornamental figurine worth 8 gold. The envelopes are affected by Magic Find, so it's best to get as much as possible before opening. These envelopes are also available on the Guild Trader for guild commendations.
Players can join in Dragon Ball by talking to Finolla nearby. This is a team-based PvP activity with unique skills. By playing Dragon Ball, players can earn champion tokens. These tokens can be used, along with gold, to purchase up to 16 additional envelopes from Phaedra.
Players can also purchase the Memory of the Zodiac item to recreate a previous year's lantern, if they were unable to get one elsewhere.
- See also: Maximizing Magic Find
The Lucky Envelopes from this event are affected by Magic Find. By using boosters and consumables, players can increase their magic find while opening the envelopes, increasing the chances of getting the best rewards, such as the ornamental figurine worth 8 gold.
- Easy Magic Find sources
- The Silverwaste event chain, 5 stacks of participation for 30% each and 50% for killing the mordrem vinewrath. Additionally, opening the envelopes while opening a bandit chest grants additonal magic find. Simply watch your character sheet while opening them.
- The Celebration Booster from the Daily rewards give a cheap 100% Magic Find, and are given once a month (Note: play for free players do not receive daily rewards).
- All of the food from lucky envelopes grant 25% magic find.
- Firecrackers from this event grant an effect: Monkey's Gift, which gives 10% Magic Find.
- Guilds will sometimes kindly provide a Guild Heroes or Magic Find banner nearby. These give up to 15% Magic Find.
- If you're in a guild and have the Guild Tavern upgrade, purchase Guild Item Research from Nathan the Bartender for a free (up to) 10% Magic Find for 1 day.
- The Halloween utility consumables from Trick-or-Treat Bags grant 30% Magic Find each, and are cheap to acquire on the Trading Post.