User:Lucian Shadowborn/Other Pages/Guardian
I'll guard you. Let them come through ME first!
The guardian specializes in passive boons and effects that enhance their own abilities, which can also be relinquished and dispersed amongst their allies temporarily, making them excellent in both offense and support. They also have access to three special abilities known as virtues. These are special skills that provide a constant passive effect to the player, and bestow a temporary benefit to all nearby allies when those abilities are activated. They are not considered to be part of the skill bar and can be activated regardless of what weapon is being held.
Special skill types
- Aegis — Guardians are adept in the use of Aegis, a removable boon that blocks the next attack. Guardians have access to this boon through the virtue of Courage.
- Symbols — The guardian places symbols on the ground, where they inflict damage to enemies or deliver a benefit to allies. Symbols persist for a few seconds and then go away. For instance, Symbol of Faith is a hammer attack that leaves a transient symbol on the ground, giving allies the Vigor boon.
- Spirit Weapons — The guardian can summon spirit weapons to fight at his side for a limited time. Spirit weapons cannot be attacked by enemies and can be commanded to inflict a powerful attack before disappearing. For example, Hammer of Wisdom can be summoned to fight alongside a guardian, then commanded to knock down an enemy and vanish.
- Wards — A ward is a marked area on the ground that stops enemies from passing through while allowing allies to move freely. For example, a staff-wielding guardian can create a Line of Warding in front of him that keeps enemies from reaching the allies behind him.
- The Guardian was widely known as the "Blue Mace Lady" prior to being revealed, due to concept art of a heavily-armored woman wielding a mace and shield.
- Guardian on the official website.