- 1 OK...
- 2 Too low level tool?
- 3 Update
- 4 Sickle/axe/pick redirects?
- 5 Charges?
- 6 Rare material and tool quality
- 7 reorganising the tables
- 8 Special Gathering tools from personal storyline or karma vendors
- 9 Number of uses in infobox
- 10 Master gathering tools
- 11 Gathering tool costs per use
- 12 Non-standard variants with fewer uses (from karma vendors)
- 13 Sturdy gathering tools
- 14 Account Bound
- 15 Southsun Cove
- 16 Does anyone have stats on Advanced set?
- 17 Overlap with Gathering_tool and Gathering
- 18 Snow Truffles
- 19 Trimming of overview
- 20 Availability of infinite versions
- 21 Are Frostbitten gathering tools available from Gathering Merchants?
where the FUCK is Rilo Britton? I am wasitng all my time just tring to find him instead of actually playing the game! I'm in Rurikton but I don't see him anywhere. Can somebody please mark him on the map or something and then add it to the main page? I will be eternally grateful! Previously Unsigned 00:03, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
Too low level tool?
I wonder what will happen if you try to gather, let's say steel, with mining pick that is meant for copper only. Gorribal 19:51, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
While on this topic, which level is being referred on the gathering tool description? Character level or crafting level? I wasn't able to test this during the BWE, so I am hoping someone who knows can say. Dr Dread
- It is character level. See for example Iron Harvesting Sickle and click on the Req. Level link. Dr Dread
Also while on this topic: the statement "Players will not have a chance at rare materials from the action" in Ruined Material section is not true. I do get rare materials sometimes along with ruined ore when I'm gathering low-level materials with my high-level characters and forget to switch from copper tool to iron tool, for example. Gilliand (talk) 21:10, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
I've updated this page quite a lot, all based on what Eyjulf (Merchant) in Hoelbrak was selling during BWE2. As there was no mention of golden gathering tools in Eyjulf's inventory, I don't know if it's due to an update or whether those other items are also available elsewhere. Feel free to correct the page, of course! Elwynd 19:49, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- I agree - maybe they should just link back here though? At least for the moment, until there's more to say about them...Elwynd 18:46, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- I have created Harvesting sickle, Logging axe, and Mining pick redirects to start. Capitalized and plural variants will likely follow. As a note, I have changed the capitalization of the headers in the Gathering tool article to reflect that they are a generic type of item and thus should be #Harvesting sickles and not #Harvesting Sickles (in contrast to the items themselves which reflect their in-game presentation). Redshift 12:02, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
Can/should we list the number of uses per gathering item, or are they all the same? Should the fact that they are limited-use items also be mentioned in the general text at the top? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) at 18:44, 3 August 2012 (UTC).
- I think all the ones you buy come with 100 uses, and the Mystic ones have 25. But I haven't actually played PvE since BWE1 (and I still haven't fully characterized damage scaling, curses!), so those may have changed. —Dr Ishmael 18:51, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Seems they come with different charges. I've added a column to the tables. Elwynd 12:58, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
Rare material and tool quality
Is it true, that using higher level tool would increase the amount of rare material (e.g. gems) one get? Does it make sense to use expensive tools on simple ore like copper, or is in this case the simplest tool as good as any other?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) at 2012-08-31T08:41:11 (UTC).
reorganising the tables
There are the 6 tiers of gathering material: copper, iron, steel, darksteel, mithril and orichalcum. And than there are the strange ones, like Black Lion and Master, etc. I would like to organise th table that there is a distinction between these 2 because, well, I think there is a distinction between these two. Suggestions? - Yandere 13:09, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
- I think we should put the Copper, Iron, Steel, ... stuff first. You can buy all of these from the Master Crafters and usually 2 of them of some of the merchants in map(usually the level needed on that map). Then the stuff you can buy for karma. So far I found 3(a sickle, a axe and a pick) of them at renown heart vendors in Bloodtide Coast. Each one 600+ karma and 25 uses. Then that Master Harvesting Sickle/Axe/Pick you get from story(is there a pick? I only got 2 Sickles and in the lists currently only Sickle and Axe). Then the Black Lion stuff. - lordmd 11:48, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
Special Gathering tools from personal storyline or karma vendors
We need more research on these. There is this one with 125 uses you get from the story. Seems it is only for low level things because I tried to gather some higher level materials and it gave ruined plant stuff. But don't know until which level of ingredients you can use it. Also the effect is not clear to me. It says it is more efficient at gathering but so far I only got the same results as with the normal sickles. But did not try that much. There is one sickle from a karma vendor for 600+ karma with only 25 uses. I tried this on high level material up to level 300 and it worked. Maybe this working for all materials? And I got 1, 2, 4 ingredients with one gathering use. Usually for the normal sickles I always only got 1 or 2. 4 per use is pretty nice especially with the node being used and disappering for some time and some stuff you really need to run around for those random placed herbs or roots that come not with a node farm. - lordmd 11:42, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
Master Mining Picks (125 uses) Quest reward blue Item and currently as of 9/8 can be used to harvest Orichalcum nodes. I have seen posts regarding that it returns ruined ores(or whatever the term is) for gold nodes and above so either this has been patch or it works up to Iron then doesn't work above Iron till Orichalcum and then it works again.. have not tested on gold or mithril.
The item states that it has a greater chance of recovering rares. Rares being classified as unid dyes, loot sacks rare gems not that I have ever seen a dye or loot sack from mining however I have from logging. That being said I have yet to see any increase rare items while using it for Orichalcum. In fact I'm unsure if it returns any rares at all while harvesting Orichalcum. I've yet to note a rare while using it out of about 75 of the 125 uses. However with Orichalcum nodes being so few and far between and then rares being even fewer and farther between while using Orichalcum tools I have yet to come to a determination if Orichalcum even HAS rares. I would assume because on my collectible tab in bank there are rare gems that I have yet to see. RNG hates me.
Its possible that this item returns more rares for Iron and below and just mines anything up without any bonus or possibly even ruins gold and mithril and just returns Orichulum no rares on those few nodes. Lordmd above mentions ruined plants with the sickle version above. Before I run out this item i will find a gold node and mithril node and give it a chance to see if it currently receives ruined ore. I'll also create a login ^.^ [Strike]
Number of uses in infobox
Why don't we put the number of uses of each tool in the infobox? Now it is in the notes section and i find it useful to see it directly in the infobox. Please discuss K4zimir 13:27, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
Master gathering tools
- I have the assumption that these tools allow you to gather level aprpriate things. So a lavel 80 character with a master pick could gather oricalcum ore, a level 20 character could only gather copper. - Yandere 10:03, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
Gathering tool costs per use
Brief table re-work showing cost per use data. Formatting is shocking and some info isn't technically correct but it will do for now.
|Logging Axe Type||Level||Cost||Uses||Cost/Use||Used to gather (plus any lower level)||Nodes (plus any lower level)|
|Copper Logging Axe||any||24||100||0.24||Green Wood Log||Aspen Sapling, Kertch Sapling, Ekku Sapling|
|Iron Logging Axe||10||56||100||0.56||Soft Wood Log||Mimosa Sapling, Gummo Sapling, Snow Cherry Sapling|
|Steel Logging Axe||20||88||100||0.88||Seasoned Wood Log||Tukawa Sapling, Fir Sapling|
|Darksteel Logging Axe||30||1 20||100||1.2||Hard Wood Log||Banyan Sapling, Pine Sapling, Inglewood Sapling|
|Mithril Logging Axe||45||1 60||100||1.6||Elder Wood Log||Red Oak Sapling, Cypress Sapling, Baoba Sapling|
|Orichalcum Logging Axe||60||4||100||4||Ancient Wood Log||Orrian Sapling, Ancient Sapling|
|Black Lion Logging Axe||any||Chest||25||n/a||Ancient Wood Log||Same as Orichalcum Logging Axe|
|Master Logging Axe||any||Story||125||n/a||Same as Darksteel Logging Axe||Same as Darksteel Logging Axe|
|Bun Yan Axe||20||77||100||0.77||Same as Darksteel Logging Axe||Same as Darksteel Logging Axe|
|Mining Pick Type||Level||Cost||Uses||Cost/Use||Nodes (plus any lower level)|
|Copper Mining Pick||any||24||100||0.24||Copper Ore|
|Iron Mining Pick||10||56||100||0.56||Iron Ore, Silver Ore|
|Steel Mining Pick||20||88||100||0.88||Gold Ore|
|Darksteel Mining Pick||30||1 20||100||1.2||Platinum Ore|
|Mithril Mining Pick||45||1 60||100||1.6||Mithril Ore|
|Orichalcum Mining Pick||60||4||100||4||Orichalcum Ore|
|Black Lion Mining Pick||any||Chest||25||n/a||Orichalcum Ore|
|Master Mining Pick||any||Story||125||n/a||See article for details|
|Pick Axe||32||112||100||1.12||Same as Darksteel Mining Pick|
-184.108.40.206 11:21, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
Not necessarily the cost per use information, but why is the materials gathered for each specific tool level not listed on the main page? Also, there are special tools with differing character levels, some with standard charges, some with unusual number of charges, not listed. I tried using one of them on an Ori node, and it got back ruined ore. I think this needs further research as well. 220.127.116.11 20:26, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
Non-standard variants with fewer uses (from karma vendors)
There are variations of the tools available that have fewer uses, but can be bought with karma. Does anyone know if that is intended? In any case, it should be mentioned here. Perhaps add a note? They have the same names as the regular version, but cost, charges and (at least in the case of the mithril sickle) description are different. --Cyberman 10:02, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
Sturdy gathering tools
Apart from being in stacks of 250 (the maximum possible number of items in 1 stack), do Sturdy variants have any other differences compared to the regular gathering tools? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
If I remember correctly, last week, all gathering tools were souldbound to the character who purchase it from Merchant/Karma Merchant. Somehow, it is now Account Bound? Can anyone help to confirm this?? Paladinofmm 01:09, 20 November 2012 (UTC)
- I think this is right true too. Previously Unsigned 02:57, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, there was a game update on the 15th which changed them. Elwynd 14:00, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
Should be noted here that you can obtain Orichalcum Minig Picks for a rather cheap preice of 350 karma from Lionguard Demolitionist Varrv after completing his chain of 2 events in Bakestone Cavern in Southsun Cove. Not many people do this event and it is easily soloable if you can kill a veteran karka by yourself. The event appears often, but Varrv seems to sell them for a short amount of time. 22.214.171.124 03:18, 5 February 2013 (UTC)
Does anyone have stats on Advanced set?
The new set added with laurels and laurel venders, each costs 2 laurels and a required level of 45, uses are: Pick - 250 Sickle - 125 Axe - 250 But does anyone know what materials they work on?
- Probably most people are too scared to buy them, worried that they'd be wasting laurels when they find out that they don't work on orichalcum/ancient. Since no one knows yet, why don't you do it and inform everyone else? —Dr Ishmael 03:02, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
Overlap with Gathering_tool and Gathering
Was wondering about clearing up some of the overlap between the gathering article and the gathering tool one. Maybe moving the bits about what each tool gathers, to the tools article? We have the same info twice, in slightly different formats, and neither page has everything I'd want to know. I don't want to make the tables too wide but was wondering whether to include the bit about which zone level is applicable. (That was actually the bit of info I wanted today, and of course it wasn't on this page, it was on the Gathering page.) Elwynd 07:39, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
- I think the zone level applies more to the specific item than the tool, because there are what would be considered multiple *zones* material nodes on the same map. I have seen what you could consider a *copper* level area, Queensdale, have plant nodes that you need an Iron level tool on. 126.96.36.199 21:27, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
It is not specifically listed but I would presume that Snow Truffles would fall under the Ori level sickle. However, it appears to be MIA. 188.8.131.52 21:29, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- Just did further in game research, tried harvesting snow truffle with mithril, and it ruined the plant. Adding it to the list on Ori. 184.108.40.206 23:55, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
Trimming of overview
Excuse me, but some of us don't want to have to have three separate tabs open just to know what is gatherable by which tools. I want that information at a glance, on one page/one location.
You can make an elitist argument that "well you should just be buying orichalcum tools by default anyway #economics", but in terms of wiki usability, that argument holds no water. I don't see how it's an improvement in any way to hide the most relevant and interesting information on more obscure pages. Vili 点 04:10, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Addendum: I prefer this table over the one on Gathering because it's much more compact, so I can see the whole thing without scrolling. There is admittedly a lot of redundancy between Gathering, Gathering tool, and Node, but it looks like that discussion died a long time ago. Vili 点 04:51, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- You're excused; you are asking for what type of node can be interacted with by what type of tool based on the tier of the node and tier of the gathering tool. That should go on Gathering to show the relationship between the node and the tool rather than paste it on both Resource node (which needs its own page) and Gathering tool.--Relyk ~ talk < 05:30, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- Vili, much of the problem is you get people who work on the wiki, and get it in their heads, as many people in the game seem to do, that how they think things should be done should be the only way everyone else should ever want to do it. I saw this happen all the time on the wiki for GW, and I am hoping that is not going to be the case here, but it seems like it might be happening anyway. 220.127.116.11 20:38, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
Availability of infinite versions
Regarding "Each gathering tool has an infinite version that does not run out of charges and can be purchased from the Gem Store for gems."... Is this statement correct 100% of the time, or are such tools only available for short periods? | phineas | (talk) 11:07, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
- The latter. There tends to be only one type on offer at a time, too. Took me a while to get my mismatched set. — snograt 11:36, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
- Not totally true either Snog, there have been times (I remember one time specifically) when they had 1 of each tool type (1 sickle, 1 pick, and 1 axe) for sale all at the same time. The fact that they are infinite use is true all the time. They can only be purchased from the gem store, also true. They do have limited time availability. 18.104.22.168 20:34, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
Are Frostbitten gathering tools available from Gathering Merchants?
Referring to these tools:
Frostbitten Orichalcum Mining Pick
Frostbitten Orichalcum Logging Axe
Frostbitten Orichalcum Harvesting Sickle
If not, is there a reliable way to obtain them outside of Wintersday? --22.214.171.124 17:31, 31 July 2018 (UTC)