- This article is about chat commands. "Commands" redirects here. For command line arguments, see command line arguments.
Chat commands are special actions and features accessed via the chat panel. To use a chat command, type the appropriate slash command into the chat panel. (for example, /invite Rytlock). See Emote for a list of chat commands which cause your character to perform an animation.
List of chat commands
- Activating channels
These commands activate a specific chat channel:
|Say||All players nearby your character. (Appears to be 2000 weapon range)|
|/g1 to /g5||/guild1 to /guild5||G1 to G5||Guild 1 to Guild 5.|
|Party||Current party or subgroup if in a squad.|
|/t||/team||Team||Active team (PvP, WvW, and Daily Activities only.)|
|Map||All players in your current Zone or City.|
|Private||Sends private message.|
||/reply||Private||Sends private message to the last person who whispered you.|
- Other commands
| Begins message.
Sends pending message.
|Defaults to current channel.|
|Cycles through chat tabs.||When chat panel is active.|
|+ left-click||Creates a link to selected:|
|+ left-click||Instantly sends a link to selected:|
- /invite [name] — invite a player to join your party.
- /join [name] — request to join a player's party.
- /leave — leave your current party.
- /kick [name] — vote to kick party member (requires a majority vote).
- /resign — Kill yourself. Can only be used in raids or fractals, allows squads or parties to concede defeat faster. (Also available as /surrender, /concede, /forfeit, /ff, /qq or /gg).
- /squadjoin [commander_name] — join a commander's squad. (Also available as /sqjoin).
- /squadleave — leave your current squad. (Also available as /sqleave).
- /squadinvite — invite to squad. (Also available as /sqinvite).
- /mentor — enable or disable a mentor tag.
- /friend [name] — add a player to your contact list.
- /unfriend [name] — remove player from your contact list.
- /block or /ignore — prevent a player from contacting you in any way.
- /unblock or /unignore — remove a player from your block list.
- /lfg — toggle presence status between "Looking for Group" and "Online", and opens the Looking for Group panel.
- /ginvite — Invites playername to current represented guild.
- /age — displays the amount of time you have played Guild Wars 2, in the following format:
- "You have played this character for <x> hours <y> minutes over the past <z> days."
- "Across all characters, you have played for <X> hours <Y> minutes over the past <Z> days."
- /rank — drop a banner that will display your current PvP Rank, e.g. if you ranked rabbit it will show a rabbit on the banner and some hopping above.
- /rank <1–80> — drop a banner of a specific PvP Rank, no higher than your current rank.
- /deaths — displays the number of times your character has died, "You have died <x> time(s)."
- /ip — displays the IP address of the server.
- /support or /bug — opens the support panel.
- /stuck — teleports the player to a nearest walkable point (it gets canceled if the player moves, gets into combat, or does any other action within 30 seconds after using this command, and has a cool-down of 2 minutes. Once moved back to spawn, the /stuck command has a cool-down of 10 minutes). Only works while inside instances, it will tell players to use a nearest waypoint when used on maps. The location is also reported to the developers.
- /time — shows the current Tyrian Time.
- /emotelist — displays a list of available Emotes.
- Search on Wiki
You can directly access the wiki's search page from within the game by using the following command:
/wiki [search terms]. It will send you to the main page of the wiki if there are no search terms specified.
- /wiki — opens your default web browser to wiki's home page.
- /wiki <keyword> — opens your browser to the wiki article named "keyword"; if no article exists, searches the wiki for "keyword" and displays relevant articles.
- /wiki [chat link] — opens the browser to a search of up to 10 chat links (any links past 10 will be ignored). Chat links that have a an associated wiki page will have it linked in those search results.
- Chat links can be added to the chat textbox by shift+clicking the corresponding object, this allows editing the line before sending it. In contrast, ctrl+click instantly sends the in chat as a message, so that method will not work along the /wiki command.
- At this point it is possible to link waypoints, points of interest, items, skills, traits, effects, wardrobe entries, outfits and recipes learned.
- /wiki DE: <keyword>, /wiki ES: <keyword>, or /wiki FR: <keyword>
- This will search the other langauge wikis for the matching keywords. Chat links also work.
- /wiki GWW: <keyword>
- This will search on the Guild Wars wiki for the matching keywords.
- Commanders only
- /squadinfo — displays the supply carried by each member of your squad.
- /supplyinfo — displays the supply carried by players near you.
- On the reference card of the retail box edition there are two additional chat commands listed that do not exist in-game: "/AFK [on/off]" and "/invisible [on/off]". They were intended to change your presence status to Away and Invisible respectively.
- /help or /? — previously opened the hints panel.