Chat commands are special actions and features accessed via the chat panel. To use a chat command, type the appropriate slash command into the chat panel. (for example, /invite Rytlock). See Emote for a list of chat commands which cause your character to perform an animation.
List of chat commands
- Activating channels
These commands activate a specific chat channel:
|Say||All players nearby your character. (Appears to be 2000 weapon range)|
|/g1 to /g5||/guild1 to /guild5||G1 to G5||Guild 1 to Guild 5.|
|Party||Current party or subgroup if in a squad.|
|/t||/team||Team||Active team (PvP, WvW, and Daily Activities only.)|
|Map||All players in your current Zone or City.|
|Private||Sends private message.|
||/reply||Private||Sends private message to the last person who whispered you.|
- Other commands
Sends pending message.
|Defaults to current channel.|
|Begins squad broadcast message.||Moves focus to the squad broadcast box. |
is used to send the message.
|Cycles through chat tabs.||When chat panel is active.|
|+ left-click||Creates a link to selected:|
|+ left-click||Instantly sends a link to selected:|
- /invite [name] — invite a player to join your party.
- /join [name] — request to join a player's party.
- /leave — leave your current party.
- /kick [name] — vote to kick party member (requires a majority vote).
- /resign — Kill yourself. Can only be used in raids, strikes, fractals, and Super Adventure Box. Allows squads or parties to concede defeat faster. (Also available as /surrender, /concede, /forfeit, /aufgeben, /rendirse, /capitular, /ff, /qq or /gg).
- /squadjoin [commander_name] — join a commander's squad. (Also available as /sqjoin).
- /squadleave — leave your current squad. (Also available as /sqleave).
- /squadinvite — invite to squad. (Also available as /sqinvite).
- /mentor — enable or disable a mentor tag.
- /friend [name] — add a player to your contact list.
- /unfriend [name] — remove player from your contact list.
- /block or /ignore — prevent a player from contacting you in any way.
- /unblock or /unignore — remove a player from your block list.
- /lfg — toggle presence status between "Looking for Group" and "Online", and opens the Looking for Group panel.
- /ginvite — Invites playername to current represented guild.
- /age — displays the amount of time you have played Guild Wars 2, in the following format:
- "You have played this character for <x> hours <y> minutes over the past <z> days."
- "Across all characters, you have played for <X> hours <Y> minutes over the past <Z> days."
- /rank — drop a banner that will display your current PvP Rank, e.g. if you ranked rabbit it will show a rabbit on the banner and some hopping above.
- /rank <1–80> — drop a banner of a specific PvP Rank, no higher than your current rank.
- /deaths — displays the number of times your character has died, "You have died <x> time(s)."
- /ip — displays the IP address of the server.
- /support or /bug — opens the support panel.
- /stuck — teleports the player to a nearest walkable point (it gets canceled if the player moves, gets into combat, or does any other action within 30 seconds after using this command, and has a cool-down of 2 minutes. Once moved back to spawn, the /stuck command has a cool-down of 10 minutes). Only works while inside instances, it will tell players to use a nearest waypoint when used on maps. The location is also reported to the developers. Using /stuck also works in PvP maps; the character will be killed after 30 seconds to allow revival at the starting base.
- /time — shows the current Tyrian Time.
- /emotelist — displays a list of available Emotes.
- Search on Wiki
You can directly access the wiki's search page from within the game by using the following command:
/wiki [search terms]. It will send you to the main page of the wiki if there are no search terms specified.
- /wiki — opens your default web browser to wiki's home page.
- /wiki <keyword> — opens your browser to the wiki article named "keyword"; if no article exists, searches the wiki for "keyword" and displays relevant articles.
- /wiki [chat link] — opens the browser to a search of up to 10 chat links (any links past 10 will be ignored). Chat links that have a an associated wiki page will have it linked in those search results.
- Chat links can be added to the chat textbox by shift+clicking the corresponding object, this allows editing the line before sending it. In contrast, ctrl+click instantly sends the in chat as a message, so that method will not work along the /wiki command.
- At this point it is possible to link waypoints, points of interest, items, skills, traits, effects, wardrobe entries, outfits and recipes learned.
- /wiki DE: <keyword>, /wiki ES: <keyword>, or /wiki FR: <keyword>
- This will search the other language wikis for the matching keywords. Chat links also work.
- /wiki GWW: <keyword>
- This will search on the Guild Wars wiki for the matching keywords.
- Commanders only
- /squadinfo — displays the supply carried by each member of your squad.
- /supplyinfo — displays the supply carried by players near you.
- On the reference card of the retail box edition there are two additional chat commands listed that do not exist in-game: "/AFK [on/off]" and "/invisible [on/off]". They were intended to change your presence status to Away and Invisible respectively.
- /help or /? — previously opened the hints panel.
- Being idle in the character selection screen does not count towards the playtime displayed when using the /age command.