My thanks for delivering the Minotaur spirit! My dragon beast needs a full meal before I turn it loose on Hoelbrak.
After joining the Sons of Svanir, Vidkun eventually rose to a high position in their ranks while serving the Elder Dragon Jormag faithfully. His dedication to the Elder Dragon was well known even among the fanatical Sons of Svanir as was his anger at those who failed him.
In 1325 AE, Vidkun put a plan in motion to capture live minotaurs that would be fed to a powerful Icebrood dragon champion known as the Dragon Beast. After feeding enough minotaurs to the beast, he decided to have his minions track down and capture Minotaur, a lesser Spirit of the Wild, to feed it to the Dragon Beast as well to empower Jormag, after which the dragon champion would be powerful enough to be unleashed on Hoelbrak and slaughter the weak in Jormag's name.
The Slayer of Issormir began investigating the unusually aggressive behavior of minotaurs after the Great Hunt of 1325 and came across Vidkun's minion Hafdan the Black who boasted about the Sons' plans for the Minotaur spirit. Alerted to Vidkun's ambitions, the Slayer sought the help of famed norn heroine Eir Stegalkin and saved both the Spirit of the Wild and the minotaurs from the Sons while Vidkun was busy looking after the Dragon Beast.
The norn pair, along with Minotaur, eventually tracked down Vidkun and his hunting party to Hunter's Lake where they drew him and the dragon champion out after slaying the rest of the party. Ever boastful, Vidkun belittled the pair's efforts and mockingly thanked them for bringing Minotaur to the Dragon Beast, threatening to unleash the beast on Hoelbrak after the pair had been disposed of. Due to his bond with the Dragon Beast, Vidkun kept reviving each time he was struck down, which forced the norn heroes and Minotaur to change their tactics and strike down the dragon champion first. Vidkun fell for the last time after the Dragon Beast had been defeated, ending the threat to the minotaurs who returned to their old ways.
- Chapter 1: Forging a Legend
- Shoot - Fire a single arrow.
- Frost Volley - Replaces Volley when wielding corrupted weapon; fire a series of arrows, causes Chilled
- Stolen skills
- During the May 20th, 2014 update, champion foes in the chapter 1 personal story instances were changed to veterans except for Vidkun.
- Vidkun is the Norwegian younger form of Old Norse 'Víðkunnr' which means 'famous'. Vidkun's name and siding with Jormag may also be a reference to Vidkun Quisling, a Norwegian politician who was a Nazi collaborator and the nominal head of government in the occupied Norway during World War II.
- ^ a b Shape of the Spirit
- Son of Svanir: I don't know if Vidkun's promises mean anything. He's a fanatic. [...]
- Son of Svanir: Vidkun has his hands full with the beast. When it's ready, he'll return.
- ^ One Good Drink Deserves Another Son of Svanir: Dragon help us all when Vidkun finds out!
- ^ Rage of the Minotaurs
- Hafdan the Black: It doesn't matter if you know. Jormag sent us a champion and we've been feeding it minotaurs. Vidkun declared the next meal should be the Minotaur Spirit itself.
- Hafdan the Black: Soon, the beast will destroy Hoelbrak! The weak will be slaughtered. The strong will become stronger. Hail, Vidkun! Hail, Jormag!