This is my personal "guide" section, farming routes/locations etc. Not all locations are here, because I choose to do less but faster, so it's optimized for shorter game time (for example there are at least 2 or 3 more flax spots, but getting there takes longer).
Only guaranteed veins, clockwise around Tyria, takes about 20min+ per character depends on loading times, gathering tools and orientation in terrain. For learning the spots, refer to interactive map: http://gw2maps.ch/?mapId=4500
DON'T BE BLIND, BE GREEDY! - There are several locations on this list with lots of single ores in a proximity of one or two raptor jumps, for example choosing WP north from Thistlereed Waypoint — you can basically get at least 5 additional nodes, so look around, in some places rich nodes spawn few feet away from the one you are looking for.
- ~190 per character
- Gallowfields Waypoint — directly south
- Cereboth Waypoint — go north, jump down and look of entrance to the cave near the base of a waterfall, node is in the cave
- Demetra Waypoint — go to Martyr's Tomb —
- Icegate Waypoint — NW into the cave, hug left wall (can jump over with mount)
- Icedevil's Waypoint — north in Skritt cave
- Hessdallen Kenning Waypoint — west into the cave, hug right wall
- Snowhawk Landing Waypoint — south into the cave
- Oldgate Waypoint — go to Silex Castrum —
- Behem Waypoint — do the JP (east), it's after chest
- Helliot Mine Waypoint — climb, it's almost directly above WP
Short version to copy: Iron:
- ~190 per character
- Grostogg's Kraal Waypoint — go to Heartsond Falls —
- Gladefall Waypoint — NW (mount shortcut)
- Breaktooth's Waypoint — E (mount shortcut)
- Rustbowl Waypoint — NE to Onager Bivouac
- Thistlereed Waypoint — W under Cauliflowers (underwater cave), choose waypoint to the North because Thistlereed is contested all the time and there are some Platinum nodes on the way (check under the vista in north for rich node, then go back like the river goes for another few single nodes)
- Mournful Waypoint — NW into the cave, mount to jump right near the entrance
- Ocean's Gullet Waypoint — NW along the road into the cave, then around and S ending S from vista Orvanic Cliffs Vista — possible rich nodes on the way, do not use mount shortcuts
- Criterion Waypoint — W from heart (mount shortcut) some nodes can be W from WP, also check if there are nodes south from rich node
- Old Sledge Site Waypoint — N, then NW under the water
Short version to copy: Platinum:
- ~70 per character (including Cilantro farm spot)
- Heathen's Hold Waypoint — go NW, drop 2 floors then E to Druid's Grotto same route as to Fertile Soil from Propagation of the Fire Orchid ~17 Pile of Flax Seeds per character, almost half of stack with 9 characters without any running
- Jaka Itzel Waypoint — drop down, nodes are located slightly N from WP ~13 Pile of Flax Seeds per character
- Order of Whispers Camp Waypoint — mount shortcut: go to Glided River HP using springer, then jump, use updraft and preferably griffon to reach The Great Tree, turn left at the entrance, and follow the road
Varietal Cilantro Seeds + Flax
- ~10 per character with Glyph of Bounty
- Palawa's Benevolence Only source of condensed Cluster of Desert Herbs with additional Flax nodes
Higher trier materials
I've found that best method to farm wood, ores, leather and cloth of higher tiers is to simply do farm events like in Domain of Istan and salvage everything you'll get. You'll get mostly t5 materials (still great for daily asc crafting), but also some t6. Do such events as many times as possible, mats will build up quickly. As for t6 materials like Hardened Leather Section, buying Leather Shipments for Volatile Magic earned in Istan will give you nice amount of t5 leather and some t6 leathers.There is also Bloodstone-Warped Hide farm in Lake Doric, while it's tedious it's still great source of t5/t6 leather with small addition of lower tier leathers.
T6 trophies can be farmed by doing daily PSNA for Pact Scout's Mapping Materials and/or farming Volatile Magic / Unbound Magic during meta events or while gathering (preferably with gathering tools rewarding additional magic) and buying Trophy Shipments and/or Magic-Warped Bundles
Ascended trinkets set with selectable stats
- ^ a b c Those trinkets require double amount of tokens (Winterberries) normally required to purchase (400 for back, 200 for ring, 300 for accessory)
- ^ Winterberry Bushes respawn every ~23 hours per character, there is no limit for gathering, hence it's the best way to buy trinkets with those and convert spare Berries for Unbound Magic. Glyph of Bounty can increase your gatherings from 50 to 70 per character.
- ^ a b c d e +18 from & dailies (no point in doing them in Winterberries case)
- ^ a b c d You can get some more nodes on 2nd character, but it'll be time consuming to find those few.
- ^ Glyph of Bounty does not work here.
- ^ a b c You can reset stats of those trinkets at any point with Bloodstone Capacitor
Full table: Ascended trinkets
This table shows full set of ascended trinkets + back available from vendors with selectable stats (Viper's, Diviner's). I only shows easiest trinkets/backs to get (from easiest on top in my opinion).
10 Provisioner Token daily excluding Apothecary items and Account Bound trades