User:1Maven/End game content
Merged into Frequently Asked Questions#Level 80
Congratulations on reaching Level-80! Does this mean that it's time to quit Guild Wars 2?
- Definitely not!
Think of achieving Level-80 as the "end of the beginning". There is a huge amount of game content designed for players after reaching level-80, just waiting for you to explore and enjoy. Although this End game content may be explored before reaching Level 80, it is designed for and most enjoyably experienced by Level-80 players.
- Explore Level-80 areas that have the best Loot drops, Gathering nodes and unique challenges:
- World completion, get 2 Precursor weapons used to make a Legendary weapon when you reach 100%.
- Crafting Ascended equipment that is roughly 6% more powerful then the exotic equivalents. That 6% can make a big difference.
- Complete your Collections of unique skins, trinkets, and miscellaneous loot.
- Conquer Level-80 Dungeons including The Ruined City of Arah and Fractals of the Mists.
- Prove your fighting skills in Player versus Player encounters:
- Achievements are a system in the game to help gauge what a player has accomplished in the game. They are awarded for completing various tasks spanning all game types; PvE, PvP, and WvW.
- Living World in Guild Wars 2 is ArenaNet's official term for changes to the game intended to bring the world of Guild Wars 2 to life. Each major game update includes NPCs, events, and sometimes new instances that tell the story of Tyria's ongoing evolution.
- New content is periodically released, such as the upcoming Heart of Thorns expansion.