From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Suspicious Locations are objects that can be revealed using the gizmo Candy-Powered Matter Meter Mk2. Players must use the correct "scanning" skill from the bundle to reveal a Suspicious Location, after which they may interact with it to make a ghost appear. Speaking to the ghost and selecting the correct dialogue options is necessary to progress the Mad Mysteries, Mad Mementos and Mad Memorial achievements.
- Lion's Arch
- Kessex Hills
- Gendarran Fields
- Harathi Hinterlands
- Bloodtide Coast
- Sparkfly Fen
- Drive back the hands of the accused thieves (29)
- Subdue the Mad Realm creatures until the door closes (49)
- Extinguish the flames in the village lost to time (41)
- On top of the twelve locations for the ghosts, there are additional "fake" suspicious locations that spawn various other objects. These locations have a cooldown and will not spawn if they were recently interacted with.
- Old Lion's Arch fountain: On top of the central pillar. Spawns geysers at the four bases of the fountain, each being a Suspicious location. [verification requested]
- Fort Marriner: Below the gate to the Fractals of the Mists. Interacting with the first location spawns a second one, which doesn't appear to do anything. [verification requested]
- Sanctum Harbor: At the top of the lighthouse. It spawns rings of fire in the sky, just beyond the wooden plank used for diving.
- Village of Shaemoor Cemetery: In the hand of the angel on the right at the entrance. It can be interacted with four times each giving a Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bag.
- Village of Shaemoor Cemetery: On top of the square tomb west of the 2nd set of stairs. Upon interact, the top of the tomb is set on fire and a Mysterious Fog spawns and walks to the correct location of Prince Ewan Thorn.
- Blackroot Cut: Directly north of the waypoint there is a crypt with a suspicious location on the back wall above a broken coffin. It spawns two Candy Corn Elementals and two Bite-Sized Candy Corn Elementals.
- Provernic Crypt entrance: Two Suspicious Locations exist at the first set of coffins and interacting with one opens the coffin lids next to it. The four western ones each contain a Skeleton while the four eastern ones each have an additional Suspicious Location that can be interacted with for a Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bag.
- Provernic Crypt inner chamber: At the chest there's a Suspicious Location which spawns two friendly Skeletons and Lord Humphrey Faren; the skeletons laugh at Humphrey who cowers and runs into the corner where the real Humphrey can be found.