Talk:Slay the Shatterer
is the karma and cash reward correct in this? the karma is around 10 times more then the one for the sunless dragon in sparkfly swamp even though its a higher level one Getefix 12:12, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
- Why would it be? If you check the history page, the last edit was on 4th of July. 188.8.131.52 12:14, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
I've done this event twice now, once with me on the ground meleeing the dragon. The second time I was in one of the main cannons and kept dpsing the boss and when he was off of the ground I killed his minions. Both times I got bronze. How on earth are you supposed to get above bronze for this? Everfeather 18:29, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
When you're using the cannon or a mortar, you need to observe the fall of your shot. Make sure you see numbers when they hit. The cannon does about 2500 points, the mortars about 500 per round. You can fire at the dragon or any of the branded creatures spawned during the fight. I have used cannon, mortar and direct fighting and gotten gold each time, but I've heard reports from Guild members who got no reward when using a mortar. --Khara Fierceblood
- It happened to me the first time around, but I assumed I just wasn't using the mortar right. The subsequent times I hit him every time and I get gold participation each time. 184.108.40.206 09:02, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
I've read that some pages are doing dragon timers where you can read when the dragons are due (for each server), since I prefer to stay on an official website like this wiki I thought it would be nice to have this here as well. Question is, is it doable in the way that one can enter his last encounter and the page is updating the dragon timer by adding 3h to that time? Problem with just adding 3h to server update is, that the pre-events are not always done in time so the main event seems to move a bit.[[220.127.116.11 16:32, 12 November 2012 (UTC)]]
- The Shatterer's spawn timer is not synched between different worlds. To have a timer on the wiki, we'd need a table with every world, their event timers, individual verification, frequent check-ups, a revision per world a couple of hours after a servers reset, and dedicated contributors to do all of that, every so often. It's simply not something the wiki has the power or focus to maintain. The information is what matters to the wiki, not the timers. - Infinite - talk 17:57, 12 November 2012 (UTC)
Earning Contribution Bonus
I found out that killing only the minions spawned by the Shatterer does not contribute to the event. You must inflict enough damage on the Shatterer to receive Gold Contribution Bonus. On Tequatl and Jormag events, you can kill their minions without directly attacking the dragon, and still earn contribution bonus. --Geekfox 17:49, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
World Event category?
Surprisingly, I can't find anything like this on the wiki, so posting it on one of the world events, haha.
Basically to qualify for world event, it needs to have a world/dragon chest. :3 IceBlink 00:20, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- Problem is that it is hard to categorise and raises a lot of questions. There are group events that result with a ground chest but not a daily chest (e.g. the mega destroyer in Mount Maelstrom, that one even has a unique named weapon). There is also a normal (not group-event) Clear ettins from Gort's Pit for Gort that results in a chest Then there are eventless chests like in Alpenzure Cave. If you mean with the unofficail term of worl event's the ones that drop a chest o nthe ground as well as a daily chest with a garanteed unique item...well that is listed on Chest. The problem is that a world event is an unofficial term thats hard to categorize. 18.104.22.168 00:34, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
These are so frequently requested ingame that I've added them to the article in bold. I can verify the first three times (14:15, 12:15, 9:45), and although 7:45 was the next quoted number given to me ingame, I haven't had a map with slow dps [that also managed to break all 3 previous breakbars, the 4 crystals from 75% and the second lot of 4 crystals] in order to verify 7:45. (side note: I'm giddy as hell after smashing the dragon on a random map) -Chieftain Alex 19:20, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
- From what i can tell, this doesn't work as a timer for most maps due to the changes from DPS and healing Serena sedai (talk) 19:42, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what the pattern is, but last week the first glider time was definitely 14:17 (maybe even .5 earlier), and not :15. The number is embedded into my brain as it cost me the achievement. —Ventriloquist 21:37, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
- The times above are the times at which you use the launch pad at. It's also dependent on DPS - half our map was waiting so we probably had reduced dps compared with if we were mostly fighting - this would accelerate it true. -Chieftain Alex 21:53, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
Bar and crystal times.
10:55 first crystals (+-2 seconds) 9:38 third bar (+- 5 seconds), 7:47 second crystals (+- 1 second), 6:39 fourth bar (+- 1 second), 4:46 third crystals (+- 1 second) and there was a fifth bar too, at like 3:30 +- 10 seconds, didn't expect that, kill was at like 2:45 +- 15 seconds, didn't pay much attention in the end.
But only first bar was broken, that was in a pug map and pug time, basically. I just added this as there wasn't time for so late crystal. Would the data in the table be only for breaking all the bars? Sutgon (talk) 07:22, 13 August 2016 (UTC)
- Crystals and bars usually appear in 3-minute intervals. Breaking the bars doesn't seem to affect anything (only first 50% mark matters). Your data is similar to my data with first crystals at 10:57, so I think this set belongs to the table too. AndyS (talk) 01:51, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
Times of Defiance Bar
I am working on a timer for Shatterer's Defiance bar
At the moment it works if the DPS is good and the Event does not go on for too long. (only 2 Crystal Phases)
It's here if you want to try it.
Shatterer Defiance Bar
Copy below to use in your web
<iframe src="http://www.timscloud.uk/Tim/GW2/Shatterer/Shatterer.html" frameborder="0" height="500" width="620"></iframe>
Palingenesis (talk) 11:10, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
The information concerning breakbar timings is now really confusing whereas it used to be clear and obvious. It should be reverted.
Sort Event Schedule by Countdown by default
We could sort all boss Event Schedule table by the current smallest Countdown value. I just think that the way it is, it takes some time to understand the table. Or better yet, we could add sort controls to all boss table's header.