From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Mysterious Presents are objects that spawn during Wintersday. Interacting with one via Unwrap will cause it to explode, pushing players players backwards and to the ground, spawning either presents, skritt or both.
- They can be found in every explorable zone throughout Tyria, but only during Wintersday.
- Buff Snowline Speed Boost - The present inflates upon being unwrapped, knocking back creatures in a point-blank area of effect. It then explodes after a 1 second delay, launching creatures in a point-blank area of effect and releasing a randomized group of five hostile skritt1.
- When they explode, 0-2 smaller Presents will also spawn at their location. Each present can be picked up by players and contains one Wintersday Gift.
- They are on a 3-7 minute respawn timer, but the timer will not start until all the skritt have been killed.
- Skritt are level-appropriate for the areas they are summoned in and do not drop loot.
- The skritt spawning from the present are hostile against other foes, including their own team members when a mixed group spawns.
- Each individual present has its own set spawn location. If a player is standing on this spot when the present lands, they will be knocked back.
- During Wintersday 2012 and Wintersday 2013 they were indicated by on the minimap and were allegedly dropped across Tyria by a certain airship. There was one Mysterious Present for each area of the zone and they respawned after approximately 5 minutes. The present contained 0-3 presents with 1-2 presents being more common than getting three or none.
- Additionally during 2012 and 2013, there was a chance foes that would spawn from the presents, which include toys produced at Tixx's Infinirarium, and killing the toys that spawn will contribute Buster of the Busted. Their level scales with the area, being 2 less than the effective level of the player who opened the present. Possible groups were:
- 5 Skritt, consisting of Skritt Foragers, Skritt Bottle Lobbers, Skritt Gear Lobbers, and Skritt Pistoliers.
- 5 Toy Ventaris after Tixx's airship visited the Grove.
- 5 Princess Dolls after Tixx's airship visited Divinity's Reach.
- 1 Toy Captain and 4 Toy Soldiers after Tixx's airship visited the Black Citadel.
- 5 Plush Griffons after Tixx's airship visited Hoelbrak.
- 5 Toy Golems after Tixx's airship visited Rata Sum.
- 5 random foes of any of the above after Tixx's airship arrived at Lion's Arch.