FTT 201–407 Practicum in Advanced Dynamics
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- The correct title of this article is [FTT 201–407] Practicum in Advanced Dynamics. The substitution or omission of the  is because of technical restrictions.
|[FTT 201–407] Practicum in Advanced Dynamics||Long Live the Lich||15|
| Tinker with turrets by building and upgrading them to discover new upgrades.
||Researched 21 Upgrades||5|
In order to begin upgrading turrets for this achievement, you will first need to complete two prerequisite achievements:
- [FTT 100] Intro to Field Tech Turret Dynamics — Either by using Micro Cloud skill on an Inquest turret during Forearmed is Forewarned, or by speaking to Krewe Leader Drazz after the mission.
- [FTT 101-107] Core Turret Dynamics — Click the link for a detailed guide. In short: Kill Awakened Inquest to obtain schematic scraps, then return to Drazz to assemble them. Each schematic Drazz assembles will allow you to upgrade Field Tech Turrets to that type.
Unlocking the max upgrade level for each type costs a minimum of 875 Spare Parts:
- To unlock level 2 turrets, you can reconfigure a single turret as often as you like. Each reconfiguration counts as building the respective turret type and costs no Spare Parts.
- To unlock level 3 turrets, you can reconfigure a turret, then upgrade it once for 5 Spare Parts. You will need to do this eight times for each of the seven turret types for a total of 280 Spare Parts.
- To unlock level 4 turrets, you need to upgrade a turret twice after reconfiguration for 5 + 10 Spare Parts. You will need to do this six times for each of the seven turret types for a total of 630 Spare Parts.
- You cannot upgrade a turret to level 3 without first upgrading it to level 2. However, if you just unlocked a level 3 turret by upgrading a turret to level 2, you can save 5 Spare Parts per turret type by upgrading it to level 3 immediately.
- Be careful when interacting with the turret since they won't change instantly after upgrading, leading to wasting spare parts if you try to upgrade or reconfigure it again too quickly.
- Long Live the Lich: [FTT 100] Intro to Field Tech Turret Dynamics — Use a micro cloud to break down and analyze an Inquest turret, or speak with the krewe leader at the main camp once it has been fully established. (1 )
- Long Live the Lich: [FTT 101-107] Core Turret Dynamics — Find enough schematic scraps off of Awakened Inquest to complete all seven turret types. (3 )