Class I Rift Stabilizer
A device for stabilizing unstable magic rifts.
Double-click to equip.
— In-game description
- See also: Class II Rift Stabilizer
- Successfully complete a Stop the Bloodstone Elemental Incursion dynamic event in Fields of Ruin or have a player already in possession of either a Class I or Class II Rift Stabilizer spawn a Class I Magic Rift. It does not need to be stabilized.
- Jump through the rift.
- Swim to the bottom of the pond and pick up the "???". It does not show up until after step 1 has been completed. You will gain the Mysterious Device.
- Talk to Auris Weirdbringer with the Mysterious Device in your inventory.
- When Auris says, "Now hold on a minute, cub. You can't rush some things.", don't continue the dialogue, but wait a short while (up to a minute). Eventually, Auris will teleport to another location around Gillscale Pond and you will go with him. This will automatically change your Mysterious Device into a Class I Rift Stabilizer.
Using the device removes weapon skills and provides the skill Activate Stabilizer. When this skill is used near a Class I Magic Rift, it allows the player to interact with the rift, changing the first skill to a roman numeral number 1. Each use of skill 1 will now increase the number displayed on skill slot 1's graphic icon, from 1 to 13 (then looping around back to 1); this number will remain in roman numeral form throughout. Jumping through the rift will teleport the player to a location corresponding to the number currently active in skill slot 1 (see locations below).This device can also be used to start Stabilize the Rift events. The event starts when Activate Stabilizer is used near the event marker. These events will be marked by a Nearby Event icon, but won't actually have an event occurring (will appear to be an "empty" event). No event text or activity will be evident, but if you use the Activate Stabilizer skill, a rift appears and the Stabilize the Rift event starts.
Once activated on a Class I Magic Rift, the first slot cycles through these skills, in order.
Jumping into a Class I Magic Rift after channeling the skill Activate Stabilizer, then choosing a number (per above), will teleport the player to a different location based on that chosen, active number.
|I||Over Gillscale Pond in Fields of Ruin.|
|II||Brawler's Bout in Hoelbrak.|
|III||On top of a pillar at Cachistic R&D in Cursed Shore.|
|IV||The diving goggles at Sculptor's End in Malchor's Leap.|
|V||The vista at Nemus Groves in Diessa Plateau.|
|VI||The bridge at Demon's Maw in Lornar's Pass.|
|VII||The beginning of the jumping puzzle at Pig Iron Mine in Fireheart Rise.|
|VIII||Haunted Nolani in the Black Citadel.|
|IX||The platform where Defeat the misplaced steam ogre take place at Thaumanova Reactor in Metrica Province.|
|X||Graupel Waypoint in Dredgehaunt Cliffs.|
|XI||The diving goggles at Crash Site 1, the top of the jumping puzzle in Dry Top.|
|XII||The battle arena next to The Last Whiskey Bar Waypoint in Blazeridge Steppes.|
|XIII||The vista at The Envoy's Shelter in The Grove.|
- After jumping into a Class I Magic Rift at least once with each of the 13 settings of the Class I Rift Stabilizer and afterwards the first setting again, you will receive a Broken Rift Stabilizer that can be turned into a Class II Rift Stabilizer by talking to Auris Weirdbringer.
- If the Broken Rift Stabilizer or Class II Rift Stabilizer is destroyed, you can start the process over by obtaining a Mysterious Device, and turning it into a Class I Rift Stabilizer by talking to Auris Weirdbringer. However, you only have to jump through a portal once (instead of 13 times) in order to obtain the Broken Rift Stabilizer.
- Jumping through the 13 settings is per character, not per account.
- Occasionally, you can reopen a rift you have just jumped through, even without the quest marker present. Equip the Stabilizer and use the first skill to reveal the rift and start the stabilizing process.
- If you are close to a rift when it appears, you will need to move a short distance away from it before it will allow you to enter.