Chantry of Secrets
Chantry of Secrets
The Chantry of Secrets is the Order of Whispers' base of operations in Tyria. The Chantry consists of an antechamber and a larger chamber. It is accessible by everyone and is an explorable area. Inside the cave are a Weapon and an Armor Requisitioner that sell Rare armor and weapons with looks unique to the Order.
- Asura gate within Fort Trinity, Straits of Devastation.
- Hidden portal within Order of Whispers Headquarters, Commodore's Quarter, Lion's Arch.
Locations and objectives
- Asura Gates
- Fort Trinity
- Points of Interest
- Sanctum of Secrets - Note that this counts towards the "Krytan Explorer" achievement track.
- Casual Bystander
- Whispers Agent
- Whispers Creator
- Whispers Initiate
- Whispers Keeper
- Whispers Lightbringer
- Whispers Slayer
These merchants do not show the merchant map icon. They are found in the Sanctum of Secrets (through the portal to the left when entering the chantry). The Sanctum of Secrets becomes accessible only after completing the fifth step of the personal story of a character who joined the Order of Whispers.
Little is known about the true extent of the order's activity, but the larger chamber contains clues to various activities:
- Cartography and mass map printing of Tyrian maps.
- Technological research & development, such as Portals
- Communication with other outposts (with some strange typewriter device)
- Warfare training
Maps of the following are present inside the large chamber:
- Northern part of Queensdale, centered on Shaemoor Garrison
- A globe of the World, showing both Tyria and Elona which is man-sized and different from the huge globe in the Antechamber.
- A map of Cantha
The Order seems to use advanced technology, such as:
- Gutenberg-like printing machines
- Huge Mechanical arm for a magnifying glass
- Power generators
- This area gives a reward chest, similar to other zones, but it only contains experience.