Crucible of Eternity (story)
“The Inquest is seeking to use the power of the Elder Dragons themselves in their desire to dominate the other races. Unless they are stopped, they endanger all of Tyria with their maniacal greed.
— In-game description
Zojja's pursuit of Kudu and his misuse of her master's research has led her to the Steamspur Mountains, where a huge complex has been created by the Inquest. They intend to siphon the power of the dragon minions to create their own draconic servants. The heroes and Zojja are aided by the reunited Logan and Rytlock.
 Dungeon information
- 26 + additional rewards from bosses
- 0-15 Knowledge Crystals (from bags of wondrous goods)
- Rare dungeon reward helm
 Enemies of Note
This dungeon contains several enemies that apply dangerous conditions or are otherwise annoying.
- Inquest Magnetizer - Apply confusion.
- Inquest Gunner - High burst DPS.
- Inquest Mega-Blaster - Fire hard-hitting homing projectiles with a tight turn radius. Evading directly into the path of the projectiles can be more effective than evading to the side. Skills that evade directly back are least effective.
- Support Golems - Buff nearby allies with flame shield. Consider these high-priority targets in golem fights.
This walkthrough starts after the initial dialog where Zojja asks Rytlock, Logan and you for help.
 Proximity Alarm Device (Room #1)
In this room there will be 4 Inquest mobs waiting for you with an alarm device in the middle of them. Inquest will respawn until the device is destroyed. This phase can quickly wipe a party that does not quickly focus fire on the alarm.
 Crazy Scientist (Room #2)
You will find 2 Golems and a champion Inquest Head Scientist here. The golems have a variety of annoying control attacks (stun, knockdown, and vulnerability) and should be destroyed first. This is a fairly easy fight if the party focuses on the same target.
 Subversion Experiment (Room #3)
You will find a charr prisoner here surrounded by 3 Subversion Specialists. If players rush in before the charr is dead, enemies will divide their attention between the NPC and the party.
A chest and a waypoint will spawn after the enemies are dead.
 Experimentation Room 1 (Room #4)
 Experimentation Room 2 (Room #5)
After some dialogue, you will be attacked by "experiments" held in the room. The enemy consists of Branded, Risen and Destroyers.
 All Out Golem Brawl (Room #6)
After the dialogue, you will face 4 waves of enemies. Prepare for a difficulty spike in the third wave. The next wave spawns when the current wave is completely eliminated.
- Wave 1: 1 Inquest + 2 Golems - Straightforward with focused fire.
- Wave 2: 2 Inquest + 2 Golems - Straightforward with focused fire.
- Wave 3: 2 Inquest + 2 Golems - The golems fall quickly, but beware the 2 Inquest Mega-Blasters that spawn in this wave. Be prepared to evade their attacks and focus fire.
- Wave 4: 3 Golems - After a short cutscene, a door will open and reveal this wave. Easier than the third wave. Focus fire and eliminate targets one by one.
 Golem Control Nexus Hack (Room #7)
This is quite possibly the most difficult phase of the dungeon. Players must defend Zojja from multiple waves of enemies while she hacks a computer terminal. The event seems similar to defending Magg in Path 2 of Citadel of Flame. This room is typically referred to as the "kiting room" as players must continue to draw aggro away from Zojja while dodging attacks.
Starting positions: The event takes place in a square room with inactive golems arranged around the perimeter, behind a row of columns. Four players should stand along the four walls of the room, behind the inactive golems. The fifth player speaks with Zojja to begin the event. This player should ideally place a defensive buff near Zojja (i.e. Banner of Defense) beforehand.
Skill selection: To draw and maintain aggro, equip AoE skills and weapons with "bouncing" attacks (i.e. ranger axe and thief shortbow). Any skills which increase your survivability are highly recommended. Rangers should equip a pet with high HP, or a pet that summons allies to serve as additional targets.
Overview: Once the event begins, the golems activate in waves. Additional golems and Inquest spawn around perimeter of the room. The 4 perimeter characters must hold aggro and survive for as long as possible. The first wave spawns at the 9-o'clock position on the minimap. After a few seconds, the second wave spawns at 12-o'clock, the third at 3-o'clock, and so on. Zojja must survive for ~2 minutes to complete the event.
Tactics: The character activating the event must draw aggro from any enemies that make it into the center of the room. Standing near Zojja is not advised, however. Perimeter characters must draw aggro from as many enemies as possible while surviving. Try targeting a single enemy with bouncing attacks and AoE skills. You will draw aggro from multiple enemies, and you may be able to rally by killing your initial target.
After the event is finished, a waypoint and a chest will spawn.
 Lazy Inquests (Room #8)
Defeat 4 Inquest enemies. Focus fire for an easy fight, but beware confusion.
 Inquest Apple Zone (Room #9)
Similar to the previous room, but with 2 mobs and 1 champion. Attack the mobs first and finish the champion with standard focus fire techniques. The champion can be identified as the 'Technologist'. Enemies will inflict confusion on players, so be cautious if you are using any rapid attacks.
 Toxic Waste (Room #10)
This event can be very easy, but it is not always straightforward. You will enter a room full of irradiated Inquest scientists and trigger a short cutscene. After the cutscene, grab a gun from the floor and speak to Zojja to begin.
A friendly golem will escort your party across a region filled with deadly "radiation". If you stray too far from the golem, you will take massive poison damage and die almost instantly. The party must defend the golem as you move through the irradiated area. A green circle centered on the golem marks a zone of safety.
The irradiated area is filled with floating orbs that damage the golem on contact. The gun to destroys orbs instantly, but it only fires in a short-range arc in front of the player and has a 3s cooldown. Players that touch an orb are interrupted and knocked down.
 Final Boss (Room #11)
This part consists of 3 phases. Ranged weapons are especially useful in the first two.
Phase 1: Kudu's Power Suit - This is the longest phase of the final battle. The power suit has high HP, powerful melee attacks, and a ranged AoE stun. Equip a ranged weapon and stun-breaking skills if possible.
- Kudu casts "electric fields" that inflict considerable damage and a long-duration stun. Once a player is stunned, Kudu will immediately close distance and finish the target with strong melee attacks. Avoid the AoE circles and use stun break before the boss closes to melee range.
Phase 2: Kudu - Kudu is a glass cannon that relies on teleportation and powerful attacks. This should be the shortest phase of the final battle.
- Kudu has two attacks that can instantly down a player: a direct attack and arcing ranged attacks. The ranged attacks can be evaded fairly easily; however, the direct attack can instantly down a players at short range with little or no warning.
Phase 3: Kudu's Monster - The final phase has powerful AoE attacks, summons Risen grubs/tendrils, and hits players with a long-duration immobilize in the form of an "imprisonment crystal". This form has less HP than the power suit, but more HP than Kudu. This fight may seem long, but quick release of imprisoned allies and well-timed evasion will make it relatively smooth.
- AoE attacks hit on a short delay. Dodge about a half-second after the red AoE circle appears.
- Players trapped in an "imprisonment crystal" are freed most quickly by AoE direct damage spells.
- This boss is vaguely similar to Subject Alpha from Crucible of Eternity explore mode.