Opening each chest may be time gated
I would guess that opening each chest is time gated to once per week. I opened the one in Mount Maelstrom yesterday and now it will not let me open it today. I've just opened the Frostgorge Sound one with today's daily key and then tested it with the freebie key from the NPC and it did not open either. Unless it locks you out of opening them twice until you have completed all the APs. --Skekzyz (talk) 23:05, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- Finished the "Master Diver"-Achievment yesterday, each chest can only be opened once per repetition of the aforementioned achievement. So you need to open all chests, before being able to open them again Almdudler (talk) 00:50, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
- It's both as it seems. You cannot open a chest twice per repetition of the achievement, and you cannot open it within a certain amount of days. So it's completely tied to the daily key grabbing, no chance to fasten things up, isn't it?
- I opened the same one twice two minutes apart. (I opened it again by accident. Waste of a key.)
- I think it's just not working correctly. Tonight, only a small percentage of people even saw the chests as interactive objects. I went to four zones, and none of them were active. That indicates to me that it's not working as intended, so any speculation we do here is going to change when it gets fixed. Daddicus (talk) 03:55, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
Harathi Hinterlands site didn't reward properly
I looted with a level 80, but only got four crafting materials and an essence of luck. I think it might have thought I was my effective level. I reported it as a bug, but that probably won't go anywhere.
This thing should be verified, but i suppose the reset timer is kind of weekly, not daily. My explains : i kept keys to open 10 chests with only one run. So, i do the daily achievement, got my key, and ten days later i'm going to my sunken chests run. First time, no problem. Around 8 days later (thanks to drops) and so, after the weekly reset, no problem too. But for my third run, today. I can't open any of the 10 chets. None. My guess is that i opened these chests last monday. I'll wait until the next reset to confirm that. If any of you knows more. Feel free to answer. -- MornJack 09:32, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- (Test done post patch 26.06.2018) Can't confirm the weekly reset: Got 24 Keys (like 4 or 5 from drops, rest from daily). I just opened all 10 Chests (starting from the top of the achievement) and right after that went to Gendarran Fields (which is the first one in the achievement) and I could open it (and all other chests) again, so either there is no weekly reset and there is no daily restriction (as mentioned in the Notes section on the page) or you can pile up a specific amount of openable chests (like 10 every 7 days so 14 days of not opening chest would sum up to 20 chests). (Edit: I was able to open the Gendarran Fields chest (and the 3 after that) for a third time, which leads me to believe, that the patch adjusted the reset timer of the chests to be 1 opening per achievement repetition and I will therefore edit the Notes section on the main article) Almdudler (talk)
- There's no reset, but there appears to be an "anti-alt parking" code. I had accumulated +30 keys, moved a bunch of characters to each site do save on WP costs. After clearing the AP, the chests did not reset. I had to either WP to another map or go thru WvW for the chests to refresh. Character Select did not refresh chests. --Choco-muffin (talk) 16:37, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
All chests are open and not interactable, bug?
- Someone removed the word "Bug" from the entry, but I think bug is appropriate. I think the confusion might be because someone (incorrectly) thinks there's a reset process. I (inadvertently) looted the same chest twice in one session, with less than 2 minutes between them (and nowhere near daily reset times). So, at least at one point in time, there was no such thing as a lockout/reset. I think what people are calling a reset is simply the same bug manifesting itself at a different point in the account's timeline.
- Until we have more information, I think we have to call it a bug. Daddicus (talk) 21:34, 5 June 2018 (UTC)
- Correction: Mine is working again, and it would appear there is a reset; I could only harvest it once. (And, it ceased being an interactive object.) Heading to another node to see if I can harvest two different ones in a day. Daddicus (talk) 01:41, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- All the chests are still open for me after this patch so I suppose the bug persists. --Skyve (talk) 11:18, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
- Also, I was able to get the Master Diver achievement twice in one evening by doing the log out to character select on a character that had previously looted the last chest. (NOTE: It was after midnight local time, so that could be a factor. But, I think it's as stated above: anti-map parking.) Daddicus (talk) 21:51, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
Not Finding Master Diver Achievement Page
When I try to go to "Master Diver" I get redirected to this page. However, I'm looking for achievement info like how many AP I can get from this achievement.--Justaplayer (talk) 14:59, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
- I changed the redirect to go to the achievement category page Sunken Treasure Hunter, since that page has a link directly to the locations section of this page, which I imagine is why the redirect originally went here. Konig (talk) 15:38, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
- I've also added an achievements section to this article. —Idris 15:43, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
There's a note that says that you can only open the chests once per rotation of the achievement. While I don't want to waste a key testing it again, I HAVE opened the same chest back-to-back. It was a long time ago, however. Has anybody actually tested this recently? (And, no, saying you logged into he same character two days in a row is not a valid test. One would have to go back to the character select screen and then re-log in, and THEN try to open it.) Daddicus (talk) 22:01, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
- I don't have any data but just a note: when I grab the 10th chest to finish a cycle, I bring along an extra key so that I can start the new cycle right away. Like, open the chest and finish, and then open the chest again to start. When I do this I have to wait about 5 mins for the chest to properly reset. So just a reminder if anyone's gonna test this. --Imry ☎ 22:04, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
- For the record, I've already proved this is false, a long time ago. However, it may have been part of the big fix (that didn't work completely).
- I KNOW I've seen the chest as an interactive object after already looting it (since the fix), by simply re-zoning. What I don't know is if you can actually loot it. Daddicus (talk) 23:23, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
- The behavior Daddicus describes was fixed with the other bugs in the big fix some time ago. For prove I tried opening any of the 5 chests I had already opened in my current run and none of them were interactable (no yellow text) and all of them were open (even after re-zoning on several of the maps). Of course I was carrying a key. Almdudler (talk)
I tried using the API map on my phone...and suffice to say, it's horribly not fun at all. Would anybody object to actual physical maps? Also I see "External links" to another guide, and in my experience if we're linking to somewhere else, then that means the wiki is missing something. So I'm curious to know what we're missing on either this page or the achievement category page. - Doodleplex 23:39, 26 August 2018 (UTC)
Order as per the in-game Master Diver achievement list
|Zone||Nearest 'landmark'||Nearest waypoint||Proceed||Cheap Order|
|Gendarran Fields||Mellaggan Shrine —||Oogooth Waypoint —||NNE||5|
|Harathi Hinterlands||Koofooloo —||Shieldbluff Waypoint —||E||4|
|Bloodtide Coast||Sullivan's Wake —||Remanda Waypoint —||W||7|
|Kessex Hills||Krait's Larder —||Overlake Haven Waypoint —||W||6|
|Iron Marches||Spentlung Depth —||Brandwatch Encampment Waypoint —||NNE||1|
|Snowden Drifts||Urgulp —||Valslake Waypoint —||ESE||3|
|Frostgorge Sound||Iron Horse Mines —||Slough of Despond Waypoint —||SW||2|
|Lornar’s Pass||Dwarves' Gloaming —||Guutra's Homestead Waypoint —||WSW||8|
|Timberline Falls||Whispering Falls —||Ogduk Waypoint —||ESE||9|
|Mount Maelstrom||Aquabase Terror Seven —||Old Sledge Site Waypoint —||SE||10|
Feedback 2019/06/24: Chests Order?
I don't understand the note about order of chests drop. So just in case, for info: I do them in a different order than the list of the article (to minimize my travelling paths) and it works fine. Order does not seem to matter. But maybe the note means something different? In that case, sorry and ignore my input. --Tilu 04:46, 24 June 2019 (UTC)
- I talk about the 4th bullet in the list: "Although most locations drop items in the same order, the chest in Frostgorge Sound drops in a different order." I do not understand it well, sorry. --Tilu 12:34, 24 June 2019 (UTC)
- Its an anomaly in which the items themself come out of the chest when you loot. If you look on the page Sunken Chest/Drop rate you can see for frostgorge sound that it drops "swim speed infusion" first, compared to the others which drop "empyreal fragment" first. (The note is not about the order in which you loot the chest.) —Kvothe (talk) 18:23, 24 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for the clarification. To be honest, had not paid any attention to the order the drops come out of the chest. Probably the reason why I could not relate to the info. My bad. --Tilu 06:21, 26 June 2019 (UTC)
Why did you remove the "Map" section?
@Doodleplex It was so convenient to have all chests locations in one single image, instead of the single small images in the related achievement page, can you revert it back? 126.96.36.199 23:06, 18 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you. 188.8.131.52 16:28, 27 June 2021 (UTC)
8 infusions drop?
Someone edited the possible infusions drop from 2-4 to 2-8. I am pretty sure it's 2-4, looking at the drop-rate research and my own drop-rates. Did someone count the diver master's achievement (5) as a drop? jowjowjow (talk) 16:50, 10 November 2021 (UTC)
- I suspect you're correct. Afaik I've opened 250+ of these chests and never seen 8. However the previous range was stated as 2-5. -Chieftain Alex 19:17, 10 November 2021 (UTC)