- 1 Not sure what happened XD
- 2 Because cats rule
- 3 Shared Model Project + Shared Model Project/Unique NPCs
- 4 Loose goose
- 5 No such target page
- 6 Historical vs. Discontinued
- 7 A barnstar for you!
- 8 Restore the Flamekissed armor (historical) pages
- 9 Wintersday drop stuff
- 10 Tyrro's ambient dialogue
- 11 Removed talk page
- 12 Legendary Imbued Shaman
- 13 WvW canons - wheels or no
- 14 Harpoon and Speargun
- 15 Insignia
Not sure what happened XD
Hey there doodle, I wanted to replace the Charr female horn image (the one with the pink background) to add one of the horn styles that was forgotten. But it now has the old image again so I'm not sure what happened. (it's been a while since i was last here) would you be able to get the right image there? Goldammer (talk) 17:01, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
- It's just a caching issue on your side. I'm seeing the newer, nine-image picture, so the wiki's been updated (thanks!). You can try clearing the cache on your side manually,
ctrl+shift+R, or wait for your browser to do that by itself. G R E E N E R 17:46, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
Because cats rule
- I mean you can rename and put my name in instead of yours if you don't want it anymore. ;D - Doodleplex 21:56, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
It seems that you and user Konig Des Todes are frequent editors of these projects so I was wondering about issue with the same models but different weapons. Recently I took a pictures of Awakened Charrs, they share same model but have different weapons and these are named differently according to their weapon (Windcaller - daggers, Lifebinder - staff, Sandshifter - another staff, etc). Should they have each own image or should they share same image? I have seen that there are cases in this project that there are uploaded same models but with different models but I am wondering what is an "official" statement regarding that. Hansmith (talk) 10:42, 23 September 2018 (UTC)
- If they have different weapons, I prefer to make to be faithful to what we see in game. For example: File:Human female 5 (alt).jpg v File:Human female 5.jpg, same model but one has a sword one doesn't, so they're split to accurate represent what's in the game. Hope that helps you! - Doodleplex 19:48, 29 September 2018 (UTC)
- As the conversation happened on discord, I'll recap it here: I tried the same browser as well as used other computers and mobile devices, and it works fine. It appears to be on your end as you're using a beta branch of something(which you stated). I can't help more than that unfortuantely. - Doodleplex 19:48, 29 September 2018 (UTC)
No such target page
- Blows the dust off her hand. - Doodleplex 04:14, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
- Jesus what's that cat on, speed? -Chieftain Alex 20:07, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
Historical vs. Discontinued
Regarding the Boost Enchantment Powder change, is the only difference between the two is whether or not a player has it in their inventory still? Or its API status? I used historical, since I copied the status from Captain's Council Commendation, which I still have (a large number of them) on one of my hoarding toons. Does that mean the commendation page should be updated to discontinued as well? --Choco-muffin (talk) 04:52, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
- If its an item, and it still exists in some form in your inventory, it'll be "discontinued". -Chieftain Alex 10:53, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
- Btw, if an item exists in the API, it might mean that acquisition has been removed from the game since the API-whitelist got deleted fiasco. -Chieftain Alex 10:56, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
- How should the vendor list be handled? I already deleted the Powder from the vendor list. Should that be the action for discontinued? For historical, I saw formerly sold gemstore items listed as historical. --Choco-muffin (talk) 16:15, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Felix Omni High Quality Editing Barnstar|
|Dear Doodle, thanks very much for having the guts to push the proposal for the Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire (formerly standalone) weapon pages. Chieftain Alex 19:31, 8 November 2018 (UTC)|
- - Doodleplex 23:33, 9 November 2018 (UTC)
Restore the Flamekissed armor (historical) pages
This removed armor set still has functional wardrobe links, with unique icons, armor skins, and text strings. Can't use the current version to document that information.
Deleted pages to be restored:
- [[:File:Flamekissed Shoes (historical).png]]
- [[:File:Flamekissed Pants (historical).png]]
- [[:File:Flamekissed Gloves (historical).png]]
- [[:File:Flamekissed Vest (historical).png]]
- [[:File:Flamekissed Mantle (historical).png]]
- [[:File:Flamekissed Mask (historical).png]]
- [[Flamekissed Shoes (historical)]]
- [[Flamekissed Pants (historical)]]
- [[Flamekissed Gloves (historical)]]
- [[Flamekissed Vest (historical)]]
- [[Flamekissed Mantle (historical)]]
- [[Flamekissed Mask (historical)]]
The summary for the deletion of the files says they were duplicate, but I don't see them anywhere else in the wiki. Old revisions don't count, obviously, since they can't be linked to properly.
- I will not restore them: they were causing issues/breaking templates in main space articles. You can remake them in your userspace, but if they continue to cause issues, I will either delete them again or put the page behind lines. Additionally, all relevant content, including the previous icons, were added to the existing pages where the content should have been to begin with. - Doodleplex 23:29, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks. Can you restore+move these two as well? [[Godskull Harpoon Gun (historical)]] and [[Grimward (historical)]].
- Also, please check Template talk:User skin infobox#Enabling properties too.--Lon-ami (talk) 12:08, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
- You'd have to ask Alex, I don't know about the User templates, I don't want to add something and it suddenly starts breaking main space articles again. - Doodleplex 13:32, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
Wintersday drop stuff
Hi Doodle. I've realised we still link to [[Template:Container research header]] which is probably going to be broken. Might want to copy the halloween widget and modify accordingly too. -Chieftain Alex 01:00, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- I feel like a lot of stuff is broken. Should I create a widget instead of using the Form? - Doodleplex 01:34, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- I've gone ahead and made a widget using the ToT bag one as an example.
- Since the drop categories are slightly different for Personalized Wintersday Gift vs Wintersday Gift I think we should use separate templates. -Chieftain Alex 17:42, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- I agree. I also believe we need to split the Personalized ToT bags and regular ToT bags since they no longer have the same drops, but that can wait. Wintersday is coming up and I'd rather it be all good to go before it starts. - Doodleplex 17:47, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- All now updated for 2018 Wintersday. -Chieftain Alex 21:03, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
Tyrro's ambient dialogue
I'm the person who added Lionguard Tyrro's ambient dialogue and the note about the nod to the playerbase, and I noticed you moved it to the area page instead, and omitted the transcribed dialogue. I'm not sure that's the right choice, considering the trivia note is only relevant for Tyrro himself, and not for the area as a whole. On top of that, removing the transcription altogether seems wasteful. Thoughts? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
- Trivia placement aside, Tyrro's dialogue was already listed under Fort Marriner#Ambient dialogue, which is why Doodleplex didn't add it anywhere. However, that section shows that Lionguard Atrix has some of the lines that you attributed to Tyrro. We should verify which one of them says the cough/Scarlet bit. - Felix Omni 17:03, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hello friend! On the wiki we document ambient dialogue on area pages instead of NPC pages and like Felix said it was already on the area page. I moved the trivia to the area page since I felt it fit better there, not to mention, I feel it's more visible there as well. I am going to double check that dialogue to make sure we have who says it correctly, so honestly, thanks! =) - Doodleplex 21:03, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
Removed talk page
- It was deleted so the original Watchknight talk page to be returned there. - Doodleplex 18:03, 24 January 2019 (UTC)
Legendary Imbued Shaman
Why would you edit the Legendary Imbued Shaman to say it's affected by the elemental slaying potions and sigils and add the tag to say it needs verification, when there's verification it's *only* affected by the demon potion? https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/azgpqg/on_the_inaccuracy_of_the_demonslaying_sigil/ —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Frusen (talk • contribs) at 10:40, 22 April 2019 (UTC).
- It's fairly simple: I didn't care what race the NPC was nor am I able to test the race of the NPC; damage testing and potions I really don't have a clue about(and I have little time to do so even if I did understand that stuff). The simplest way of resolving the dispute you were having with the other user was for data/information to be obtained by neutral players from of the current state if the game. Hence the verify tag, and in the end, that's what happened, Alex tested it out quite thoroughly. I admit I probably should have left the race as blank as Alex did, so my apologies if it appeared I was taken I side. - Doodleplex 19:28, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
WvW canons - wheels or no
Those you build at pre-placed sites on walls, etc. don't have wheels, but otherwise they do. The models of the canons themselves are the same, it's just a different "base" so to speak, which is fairly minor. Just clarifying, whether or not you want to reduce images or not I'll leave to you. Konig (talk) 23:22, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
Harpoon and Speargun
Mind explaining yourself? For reference: Harpoon and Speargun (notice the difference?). You might want to talk it with User:Chieftain Alex, because each of you is enforcing a different model (and I'm merely following his). For the record, I prefer yours, with the disambiguation page taking precedence over the redirect.--Lon-ami (talk) 12:36, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- My reasoning to keep both redirects would be as follows:
- Looking at the "spear" weapon type, 22 out of 93 contain the word "harpoon" in the title (i.e. 25%)
- Similarly 36 of the 84 "harpoon gun" type weapons contain the word "speargun" (i.e. 43%)
- so from my perspective I think that redirects from both are appropriate. -Chieftain Alex 19:45, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
The insignia redirects have been there for good reason. The insignia page names consist of 1) crafting discipline rank and 2) insignia to mirror the pages Crafting discipline/Crafting discipline rank recipes, e.g. Tailor/Initiate recipes. However, these insignia pages names doesn't really exists ingame, but instead the previous insignia redirects somehow does, since they basically are the insignia names without the prefix. For example tier 2 insignias, i.e. Initiate insignia: there exists Hunter's Wool Insignia, Ravaging Wool Insignia, etc, so one can generally speak of Wool Insignia, there exists Hearty Embroidered Wool Insignia, Honed Embroidered Wool Insignia, etc... so one can speak of Embroidered Wool Insignia and the same for Embroidered Wool Insignia. However, the terms Embroidered Initiate Insignia and Intricate Initiate Insignia doesn't make any sense at all. Furthermore, for example, you replace Wool Insignia with Initiate insignia, but Initiate insignia pages includes also Embroidered and Intricate, so again, this doesn't match.
Furthermore, see Tailor/Initiate recipes#Armor and co. Again, the redirects have been there for good reason. To see which insignia is needed, namely for Fine armor one Wool Insignia, for Masterwork armor one Embroidered Wool Insignia and for Rare armor one Intricate Wool Insignia... and that's a big difference to now, where all recipes just say Initiate insignia
Furthermore, not sure why you are also replacing icon name, see here, leaving pages with broken icons.