Scholar Eleanor Taelyr
Scholar Eleanor Taelyr
Scholar Eleanor Taelyr is a member of the Durmand Priory stationed at Koga Ruins, and is helping to assist sylvari and asura with local problems in hopes that they can be persuaded to join the Priory's fight against the Elder Dragons.
- Hello. How may the Durmand Priory be of assistance to you today?
What are you doing out here?
- We're here reaching out to the sylvari and asura, both to help them with their local problems, but also to enlist them for the coming conflict against the Elder Dragons. More recently we've been focused on the breach in the mountains to the west.
Tell me more about the dragons.
- We are devoted to finding the knowledge that will destroy the Elder Dragons. If we can get in the hands of the other races in time, Tyria might just survive.
- I still have questions about the priory itself. (Same as "What else can you tell me about the Priory?" below)
- Good luck with that. See you later.
Breach in the mountains?
- Vines have ripped through the mountain, creating two passes into unknown territory. The Seraph are establishing an outpost in Tangle Root, and the Priory have joined them.
- Tell me more about the dragons. (Same as above)
- What else can you tell me about the Priory? (Same as below)
- Thanks for the information.
What else can you tell me about the Priory?
- Ah, I could spend the rest of my days answering that, but something tells me you don't have the time. Ask me something more precise.
Tell me about the history of the Durmand Priory.
- Our order was founded in 1105 AE by the Krytan scholar Durmand, who sought to compile the first true history of Tyria. He built a monastery in the Shiverpeaks where his work could be safeguarded.
- Where can I find the monastery? (Same as "Where is the Durmand Priory?" below)
- I have more questions about the Durmand Priory.
- I'm done for now. Thanks.
Where is the Durmand Priory?
- The Durmand Priory is nestled in the Shiverpeaks, near the city of Lion's Arch. It is only accessible from a treacherous mountain path, making it perfect for safeguarding the knowledge we find.
- Is there anything else you can tell me about the priory?
- Thanks for your time.
How do I join the Durmand Priory?
- The Durmand Priory is always looking for new adventurers to help us gather our knowledge. When the time comes, and when you are ready, you will be invited to join our ranks.
- Thanks, I still have questions about the Priory.
- Please, excuse me.
- No, wait. I want to know more about the area.
- I think that's enough for now. Good-bye.
- I have to be going. Take care.
Tell me about the Durmand Priory.
- Our mission is simple—to gather as much knowledge about the world, both past and present, and to use it to build a storehouse of wisdom that will benefit Tyria for countless generations.
- What is the Durmand Priory focused on right now? (Same as "What are you doing out here?" above)
- I have other questions.
Can you tell me about the area?
- I'm new here myself, but I already know about the dangers here. Inquest, bandits, and wildlife to be more specific.
What can you tell me about the Inquest?
- They're the largest threat, in my opinion. They're certainly the most organized. But what they're up to is a mystery. Whatever it is, it'll likely fit in with their own dark purpose.
- I have other things I need to be enlightened on.
- Good to know. Thanks.
What's happening with the bandits?
- Very dangerous, and even worse the farther north you go. We've been hearing rumors that they're working with the Inquest. I can't imagine what they'd both be up to, but it can't be good.
- Any other information you can give me? (Same as "Can you tell me about the area?" above)
- Change of topic. (Goes to beginning)
What sorts of wildlife should I be concerned about?
- Nearby you'll find raptors, jungle spiders, nightmare wolves, drakes. Further out, you'll see wind riders, skale, skelk, and cliff bats. Then there are those vines that breached the western mountains.
- Tell me about the Durmand Priory. (Same as above)
- Can you tell me about the area? (Same as above)
- That's all I need to know for now.
- Wait, I want to know more about the Durmand Priory. (Same as "What else can you tell me about the Priory?" above)
- That's enough for now.
- I have to go.
- During Save the camp from the Inquest golem
- Have you lost your senses? We're under attack here. Crush that golem, then we'll talk!
- I'll check back when this is over.
- Starting Help the Priory return the energy core to the Henge of Denravi
- Wait, we need your help. We need to deliver a potent core of energy to a nearby grove. If you could protect us along the way, we would be grateful.
Where'd you get the energy core?
- The Inquest sent a golem to attack us. We managed to defeat it, but we discovered that its energy came from a druid's tree. We need to deliver it back to the tree before the core gets unstable.
- Consider it done!
- Not right now.
- Nope. I got plans elsewhere.
- During Defend the Priory while they rebuild Mirkrise camp
- Drive off the Inquest. Then we'll talk.
- Yeah, that makes sense.