Realm of Torment
The Realm of Torment is part of the Mists. It is a place where individuals of twisted evil or corruption are banished to spend eternity in torment, including the fallen god Abaddon who had been imprisoned there for centuries. Following Abaddon's demise, domains in the Realm of Torment have been claimed by his successor Kormir, most notably the Sanctum.
The Realm of Torment is connected to Tyria via the Mouth of Torment in the Desolation. It is also one of the destinations that can be accessed through the Portal to the Mists in the Tomb of the Primeval Kings.
In 1330 AE, Balthazar's Forged army gathered in the Realm of Torment. Portals appeared in the Maws to send reinforcements through to Tyria to assist in Balthazar's hunt for the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik in the Crystal Desert. The Order of Shadows conducted operations throughout the Ruptured Heart to shut down these portals in a constant tug-of-war with the Forged.
- Information in
gw.dat(the data file for Guild Wars) suggested that the Realm of Torment had been renamed to the Redeemed Realm after Kormir's ascension. However, there has never been any canon reference to the Redeemed Realm to confirm that this is the case.
- The Realm of Torment features in phrases used by some Tyrians to express annoyance.