Order of Shadows
Shadows plays all sides off each other to keep the status quo churning and exploitable. They advance Joko's cause one day, Sunspears' the next. A very dangerous game.
The Order of Shadows is a splinter faction of the Order of Whispers. They are stationed primarily within the Desolation, with agents working throughout the Crystal Desert and within Vabbi and Istan. The Order of Shadows divides itself into three practices: preventing the situation of Elona's politics from getting out of hand, monitoring the Mouth of Torment, and assisting Elonians with external threats like the Forged and ley line-crazed creatures.
With both the rise of the Elder Dragons and Palawa Joko's return, the Order of Whispers began to fracture between the ideals of what the order should focus on. The Order of Shadows broke off from the Order of Whispers, believing Palawa Joko to be a bigger threat than the Elder Dragons. With this splinter faction based in the Desolation, the Order of Whispers in southern Elona were cut off from those in Central Tyria.
The Order of Shadows primarily focus on Palawa Joko's rule over Elona, but also put focus on watching over the Mouth of Torment due to their location. Their main headquarters is the Chantry of Shadows, located in the Desolation overlooking the Mouth of Torment. Despite their open claims of working against Palawa Joko, however, the Order of Shadows does not proactively work to dispel Palawa Joko's reign. They work from the shadows to keep a status quo in Elona, preventing Joko from becoming too strong, but similarly sacrificing innocents and hindering the remnant Order of the Sunspears to prevent instability and to protect their own ability to influence events. The Order of Shadows is more interested in being capable of subtly influencing events than it is about freeing Elonians from the undead king's rule.
Due to their shared origins with the Order of Whispers, many Order of Shadows ranks are either the same, or parallel, Whispers' ranking:
- Recruit: new members, often found in camps.
- Agents: most prominent rank, the ones who go out undercover amongst other organizations.
- Creators: members in charge of crafting gadgets for agents and forging up plans for the Order.
- Keepers: members leading dangerous operations.
- Redeemers: the highest rank underneath the Master of Shadows. Currently, the only known Redeemer is Kossan.
- Master of Shadows: The leader of the Order of Shadows. His real name is unknown.
- See also: Category:Order of Shadows
- Despite being separate organizations, the Chantry of Shadows is embellished with Sunspear insignias.