Murakai, Doomlore's Bane
Murakai, Doomlore's Bane
- Doomlore Ruins
War is never over. War is eternal. Enemy soldiers have trespassed here before. The story is always the same. So is its end.
Murakai, Lady of the Night, Doomlore's Bane is a powerful necromancer ghost bound to the treasures buried deep within the Cathedral of Flames.
During the human-charr conflict, the charr had ransacked the ruins of Ascalon and brought spoils of war north, and placed them within the vaults of the Cathedral of Flames. Unbeknownst to them, the treasure was cursed, with the souls of the deceased clinging onto them. Murakai was one such ghost, and having been a powerful necromancer in life, she was able to assume control over the other souls of the dead haunting the treasure.
With command over the spectral army, Murakai intended to call forth a Storm of Souls and unleash death on charr and humans alike. Fearing this outcome, and desiring the treasures to fund their newly formed revolt against the Flame Legion, the Fierce Warband requested the aid of the Hero of Ascalon to combat Murakai's servants and put her soul to rest in 1078 AE. The Hero and their allies were successful, but only for a time.
The Icebrood Saga
In the 250 years since, Murakai's hatred only increased, and her army continued to haunt not just the Cathedral of Flames, but had spread beyond its gates to haunt the Doomlore Shrine more directly. By 1332 AE, the hauntings had become so numerous that charr attending the All-Legion Rally at Grothmar Valley were explicitly ordered by Blood Legion command to not disturb the ghosts of Doomlore Ruins under any circumstance in order to keep the attendees safe from spectral retribution.
Eventually a party consisting of adventurers and members from the three charr High Legions and the atoning Flame Legion traversed to Doomlore Ruins to investigate the matter and find a way to end the threat of Murakai and her underlings once and for all. Once they reached the ruins, Shaman Brightblaze began casting a spell that would aid them with the banishing and asked the rest of the party to defend him. The charr from the other legions viewed the Flame shaman's actions with caution and suspicion at first, however.
Murakai proved to be a challenge to Brightblaze's magic as she knew it and began fighting it with spells of her own. She nearly overcame the entire party with her ferocity until Brightblaze asked the rest of the legions to trust him and rally behind him as he would not be able to defeat the Lady of the Night alone. Realizing that they could only succeed by truly working together as one unit despite their differences and past grievances with the Flame Legion, the rest of the charr rallied behind the shaman and confronted the angered Murakai who summoned spectral servants to assist her.
After a fierce battle, Brightblaze successfully finished the ritual. Murakai retreated into the Cathedral of Flames with a terrible scream, and the relieved Flame shaman stated to his allies that hatred had consumed Doomlore's Bane.
- Grothmar Valley
- Doomlore Ruins (During related events only)
- Defeat Murakai, Doomlore's Bane (80) [Group Event]
- Summons Minions
- Storm of Souls - Murakai is building strength from the souls of her servants. At 10 stacks, Murakai will unleash a massive shock wave through the area that will deal damage, inflict conditions, and knock back enemies.
- Empowered - Murakai is empowered with the souls of her minions and will gain stacks of Storm of Souls from skills.
- Determined - Determined to survive and immune to damage.
- Resilient - Immune to conditions.
- Poisonous Traversal - Turns into swirling plague and dashes in a straight line, leaving several AoE fields behind that deal high damage over time.
- Rend -
- Storm of Souls - Jumps up in the same animation as Soulbeast's Worldly Impact, sending out a wave while she hits the ground that deals moderate amount of damage and knock downs on impact.
- Stolen skills
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Spiritbane — Defeat Murakai, Doomlore's Bane. (3 )
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Well Watcher — Defeat Murakai, Doomlore's Bane without stepping into any of her wells. Must be present at the start of the event to qualify. (3 )
- Return to Bound by Blood: Revenge of Murakai — Complete the Doomlore meta-event. (0)
- She is represented by artwork in her rank border.
- Unlike most necromancer enemies, she is wearing traditional Tyrian styled necromancer armor from Guild Wars.
- Murakai is voiced by Kari Wahlgren.
- Although Murakai and her fellow ancient ghosts dwell in Ascalon, they precede King Adelbern's Ascalonian ghosts created by the Foefire and are thus unrelated to them.
|The Guild Wars Wiki has an article on Murakai, Lady of the Night.|
- Associated items