Defeat the Ley-Line Anomaly to disperse its destructive energy before it overloads
is a level 26, 54, or 56 map-wide event
that occurs respectively in Gendarran Fields
, Iron Marches
, or Timberline Falls
. These are areas with overflowing ley line
energy, whereas other zones have smaller leaks
This event spawns 20 minutes after even-numbered hours in server time (UTC) on a fixed cycle through the three zones. Using a Ley-Infused Lodestone will indicate which zone is currently active or will have an event soon.
- Legendary Ley-Line Anomaly
- Break the anomaly's defiance to stop it.
- Defeat anomaly fragments to prevent the anomaly from gaining power in x/0:59
- The anomaly is vulnerable!
- Magic Energy Absorbed
These are the expected rewards for a level 26 player. Higher level players receive dynamically adjusted rewards.
These are the expected rewards for a level 54 player. Higher level players receive dynamically adjusted rewards.
These are the expected rewards for a level 56 player. Higher level players receive dynamically adjusted rewards.
The anomaly will alternate between chase, defend, and attack phases. During a chase players follow the anomaly and use crowd control to break its defiance bar to stop it from running toward new coalescences that spawn in a side event. The coalescences will eventually be absorbed by the anomaly unless players defeat them, causing a magical explosion that will down nearby players. If too many coalescences are absorbed, the anomaly will gain an uncontrollable amount of magic causing a massive magical explosion and the event will fail. Breaking its defiance forces the anomaly to crouch defensively and eject part of its energy as Anomaly Fragments for one minute. Unless players defeat fragments, they will approach the anomaly and give it a stack of Ley-line Accumulation by fusing back with it. At the end of a defense phase, the anomaly will stop creating fragments to attack, becoming vulnerable until 25% of its health is removed, at which point it will begin another chase toward a new coalescence spawn location.
- It is possible to avoid the damage from the overloaded anomaly's explosions by blocking or using invulnerability.
- A failed event will leave a stream of ley energy behind that causes Ley-Energy Sickness to nearby players.
- With the July 26, 2016 patch, upon defeat the orbs that the anomaly splits into have turned blue and grant 1 Unbound Magic upon being touched.
- It spawns in one of the locations above every 2 hours and spawns in the same map every 6 hours. A Ley-Infused Lodestone will indicate which map it is in or just spawned in.
- While the location of where the anomaly will spawn is a randomly chosen location out of eight per zone they appear in, the following waypoints are closer to the more popular spawn points:
- Disperse the coalescences before the Ley-Line Anomaly absorbs them (27, 60, 26, 29, 30, 32, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 58, 59) [Group Event]