PvP Rank is a measurement of a player's account wide success in structured PvP. Rank is increased by accumulating rank points.
Earning rank points
Rank points are earned at the end of a match and are based on whether your team won or lost. Matches that last shorter than average will yield proportionally less points. The number of points earned further depends on the type of match played. Additionally, being auto-balanced provides you with an additional 25 rank points, and each top-stat you earn gives you another 5.
|Match type||Rank points per win||Rank points per loss|
Whenever an account reaches a new PvP Rank, the player receives a rank-up chest based on the rank earned.
|Rank||Rank-up chest rewarded|
|1-9||Small Rank-Up Chest|
|10-29||Medium Rank-Up Chest|
|30-80||Large Rank-Up Chest|
For every 10 ranks earned a new finisher is unlocked for the account. This can also be displayed through the /rank command anywhere except for inside a WvW battleground, Underwater or during a structured PvP match.
- Rabbit Rank Finisher (rank 1)
- Deer Rank Finisher (rank 10)
- Dolyak Rank Finisher (rank 20)
- Wolf Rank Finisher (rank 30)
- Tiger Rank Finisher (rank 40)
- Bear Rank Finisher (rank 50)
- Shark Rank Finisher (rank 60)
- Phoenix Rank Finisher (rank 70)
- Dragon Rank Finisher (rank 80)
PvP rank emote
- The /rank emote will spawn the player's current rank, despite their equipped finisher.
- An ArenaNet developer was seen with Rank 205 on a test server during a livestream.
- Until April 15, 2014 the highest verified rank a player had achieved was Phoenix (70-79). The update changed the ranking system and many players got promoted to Dragon (80)