Rank requirements
 Earning rank points
Rank points are earned at the end of a match and are based on whether your team won or lost. Matches that last shorter than average will yield proportionally less points. The number of points earned further depends on the type of match played. Additionally, being auto-balanced provides you with an additional 50 rank points, and each top-stat you earn gives you another 5.
|Match type||Rank points per win||Rank points per loss|
 Rank rewards
Whenever an account reaches a new PvP Rank, the player receives a rank-up chest based on the rank earned.
For every 10 ranks earned, players can interact with a new Glory Vendor and a new finisher is unlocked for the account. This can also be displayed through the /rank command anywhere except for inside a WvW battleground, Underwater or during a structured PvP match.
- Rabbit Rank Finisher (rank 1)
- Deer Rank Finisher (rank 10)
- Dolyak Rank Finisher (rank 20)
- Wolf Rank Finisher (rank 30)
- Tiger Rank Finisher (rank 40)
- Bear Rank Finisher (rank 50)
- Shark Rank Finisher (rank 60)
- Phoenix Rank Finisher (rank 70)
- Dragon Rank Finisher (rank 80)
 PvP rank emote
- Dragon rank emote.png
- Until April 15, 2014 the highest verified rank a player had achieved was Phoenix (70-79). The update changed the ranking system and many players got promoted to Dragon (80)
- Points from top stats at the end of a match and tournament wins will increase PvP rank, but will not count towards the PvP score achievement progression.
- An ArenaNet developer was seen with Rank 205 on a test server during a live stream.