- This article is about chat commands. "Commands" redirects here. For command line arguments, see command line arguments.
Chat commands are special actions and features accessed via the chat panel. To use a chat command, type the appropriate slash command into the chat panel. (for example, /invite Rytlock).
List of chat commands
- Activating channels
These commands activate a specific chat channel:
|Say||All players nearby your character. (Appears to be 2000 weapon range)|
|/g1 to /g5||/guild1 to /guild5||G1 to G5||Guild 1 to Guild 5.|
|/t||/team||Team||Active team (PvP, WvW, and Daily Activities only.)|
|Map||All players in your current Zone or City.|
|Private||Sends private message.|
|/r||/reply||Private||Sends private message to the last person who whispered you.|
- Other commands
| Begins message.
Sends pending message.
|Defaults to current channel.|
|Cycles through chat tabs.||When chat panel is active.|
|+ left-click||Creates a link to selected:|
|+ left-click||Instantly sends a link to selected:|
|+ left-click||On a target/monster/player:||
|Replies to last whisper.||Last person who whispered you.|
- /invite [name] - invite a player to join your party.
- /join [name] - request to join a player's party.
- /leave - leave your current party.
- /kick [name] - vote to kick party member (requires a majority vote).
- /resign - Can only be used in raids, allows squads to concede defeat faster. (Also available as /surrender, /concede, /forfeit, /ff, /qq or /gg).
- /squadjoin [commander_name] - join a commander's squad. (Also available as /sqjoin).
- /squadleave - leave your current squad. (Also available as /sqleave).
- /squadinvite - invite to squad. (Also available as /sqinvite).
- /mentor - enable or disable a mentor tag.
- + - call out a target to your party.
- - target the called target.
- /friend [name] - add a player to your contact list.
- /unfriend [name] - remove player from your contact list.
- /block or /ignore - prevent a player from contacting you in any way.
- /unblock or /unignore - remove a player from your block list.
- /lfg - toggle presence status between "Looking for Group" and "Online", and opens the Looking for Group panel.
- /age — displays the amount of time you have played Guild Wars 2, in the following format:
- "You have played this character for <x> hours <y> minutes over the past <z> days."
- "Across all characters, you have played for <X> hours <Y> minutes over the past <Z> days."
- /rank — drop a banner that will display your current PvP Rank, e.g. if you ranked rabbit it will show a rabbit on the banner and some hopping above.
- /rank <1-80> — drop a banner of a specific PvP Rank, no higher than your current rank.
- /deaths — displays the number of times your character has died, "You have died <x> time(s)."
- /ip — prints the IP address of the server.
- /support or /bug — opens the support panel.
- Search on Wiki
You can directly access the wiki's search page from within the game by using the following command:. It will send you to the main page of the wiki if there are no search terms specified.
If you use shift+click on an object as a term, it will give you the object's code in the search box.
- /wiki — opens your default web browser to wiki's home page.
- /wiki <keyword> — opens your browser to the wiki article named "keyword"; if no article exists, searches the wiki for "keyword" and displays relevant articles. Keep in mind article titles are case sensitive.
- Commanders only
- /squadinfo — displays the supply carried by each member of your squad.
- /supplyinfo — displays the supply carried by players near you.
- On the reference card of the retail box edition there are two additional chat commands listed that do not exist in-game: "/AFK [on/off]" and "/invisible [on/off]". They were intended to change your presence status to Away and Invisible respectively.
- /help or /? — previously opened the hints panel.