Chat commands are special actions and features accessed via the chat panel. To use a chat command, type the appropriate slash command into the chat panel. (for example, /invite Rytlock).
List of chat commands
- Activating channels
These commands activate a specific chat channel:
|Say||All players nearby your character. (Appears to be 2000 weapon range)|
|/t||/team||Team||Active team (PvP, WvW, and Daily Activities only.)|
|Map||All players in your current Zone or City.|
|Private||Sends private message.|
|/r||/reply||Private||Sends private message to the last person who whispered you.|
- Other commands
| Begins message.
Sends pending message.
|Defaults to current channel.|
|Cycles through chat tabs.||When chat panel is active.|
|+ left-click||Creates a link to selected:|
|+ left-click||Instantly sends a link to selected:|
|Replies to last whisper.||Last person who whispered you.|
- /invite [name] - invite a player to join your party.
- /join [name] - request to join a player's party.
- /squadjoin [commander_name] - join a commander's squad.
- /leave - leave your current party.
- /kick [name] - vote to kick party member (requires a majority vote).
- /squadleave - leave your current squad.
- + - call out a target to your party.
- - target the called target.
- /friend [name] - add a player to your contact list.
- /unfriend [name] - remove player from your contact list.
- /block or /ignore - prevent a player from contacting you in any way.
- /unblock or /unignore - remove a player from your block list.
- /LFG [on/off] - toggle "looking for group".
- /age — displays the amount of time you have played Guild Wars 2, in the following format: "Across all characters, you have played for <x> hours <y> minutes over the past <z> days."
- /rank — drop a banner that will display your current pvp rank, e.g. if you ranked rabbit it will show a rabbit on the banner and some hopping above.
- /rank <1-80> — drop a banner of a specific pvp rank, no higher than your current rank.
- /deaths — displays the number of times your character has died, "You have died <x> time(s)."
- /help or /? — opens the hints panel.
- /ip — prints the IP address of the server.
- /support or /bug — opens the support panel.
- /stuck - logs your position, use it when you are stuck to report it
- Search on Wiki
You can directly access the wiki's search page from within the game by using the following command:. It will send you to the main page of the wiki if there are no search terms specified.
If you use shift+click on an object as a term, it will give you the object's code in the search box.
- /wiki — opens your default web browser to wiki's home page.
- /wiki <keyword> — opens your browser to the wiki article named "keyword"; if no article exists, searches the wiki for "keyword" and displays relevant articles. Keep in mind article titles are case sensitive.
- Commanders only
- /squadinfo — displays the supply carried by each member of your squad.
- /supplyinfo — displays the supply carried by players near you.
- On the reference card of the retail box edition there are two additional chat commands listed that do not exist in-game: "/AFK [on/off]" and "/invisible [on/off]". They were intended to change your presence status to Away and Invisible respectively.