- This article is about the microtransaction currency gems. For the crafting material, see Gemstone.
Gems are the in-game currency required to make purchases from the Gem Store. The amount of gems you hold is indicated in the bottom left of the inventory panel and upper left of the Gem Store. Gems may be spent on convenience or cosmetic items, or account services.
Gems can be obtained in-game:
- By exchanging coin in the Currency Exchange tab of the Trading Post panel
- As an achievement reward of 400 every 5,000 achievement points
Gems can be purchased for real-world money in several fixed amounts. There is no discount for bulk purchases.
|$ or €||10.00||20.00||35.00||50.00||100.00|
- Prices in dollars ($) do not include sales tax. This is added at the time of gem purchase depending on the state of residence.
- Prices in euros (€) include the 20% VAT.
The table below shows the conversion rates between gems and three currencies accepted by ArenaNet:
|Currency||Gems / Unit||Unit / 100 Gems|
|US Dollars||80 / $||$1.25 / 100|
|EU Euros||80 / €||€1.25 / 100|
|British Pounds||94 / £ 1||£1.0625 / 100|
- 1 Rounded to the nearest whole number.