Defeat the cobalt head of the great jungle wurm
Defeat the cobalt head of the great jungle wurm
- Jelako Cliffrise
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Triple Trouble
- Preceded by
- Investigate the rumors of wurm activity on Jelako Beach
- The Wurm's Bronze Chest, The Wurm's Silver Chest, or The Wurm's Golden Chest, depending on the number of heads decapitated from the wurm's body.
- Great Jungle Wurm Chest once a day, upon killing all the wurm's head within the time limit.
When Cobalt spawns, it will have Slick Skin, rendering it immune to incoming damage until removed.
During the fight, Cobalt will spit the following things. They must be dealt with quickly or groups may find themselves overrun.
- Great Jungle Wurm Eggs — Hatches into Great Jungle Wurm Larva if not destroyed with 20 seconds. Can be reflected and destroyed before it lands. Having at least one player take care of this is recommended. Up to nine of these can be spit out by Cobalt every 45 seconds.
- Great Jungle Wurm Larva — Deals high damage and applies conditions.
- Champion Partially Digested Husk — Has very high toughness rendering them immune to all types of damage other than conditions. Inflicts Parasites. Up to three of these can be spit out by Cobalt every 90 seconds.
Removing Slick Skin
Unstable Powder Kegs will spawn in one of three areas:
- North of the wurm on the beach
- East on the wreckage of a ship in the water
- South on a platform in the water.
Only one area at a time will have kegs for players to pick up, marked by a red barrel icon on the compass. The location where players may pick up powder kegs will change every 2 minutes.
Players must carry powder kegs and place them near the great wurm in the area indicated by the burnt ground and a red arrow, using skill 1. Mounts are allowed, so the Skimmer can be used to make it easier to run kegs to the destination. Players will lose their keg and it will not count if they fall in the water, transform, use a teleport skill, get hit by spit from Veteran Jungle Wurms, get downed, pick up a bundle, use weapon swap to drop the keg, or hold it for over 30 seconds. Players who have lost their keg will have to wait for up to 30 seconds before a new keg is available.
- Note: Players may mistakenly place a keg under the wurm. This keg will not be counted. Only kegs placed in the marked area on the ground will be counted.
Kegs also only last for a limited time. When any keg is placed, after 2 minutes has elapsed, the keg counter will decrease by 1, regardless of whether enough kegs were placed (also known as a keg despawn). For example, if the group places kegs between 10:00-10:30 left on the timer, at 8:30 the kegs will start despawning until the timer reaches 8:00. If the group can run kegs fast enough, they should aim to place the next set of kegs before 8:30. If the group is slower at running kegs, they should wait until after 8:00 before placing their kegs.
As a general rule, you should follow your commander's instructions on whether or not to run kegs. It helps if the group can run kegs together so that the commander knows when the kegs were placed, thus they can time keg runs more easily to avoid keg despawns.
Around the area will be mushrooms that will give players a stack of Might and Nutrient, which will make players immune to one instance of Drool. Attempting to gain another stack will instead give players Parasites, which will stun them every one in a while and prevent them from gaining Nutrient until it has worn off.
Once 20 powder kegs are set in front of Cobalt, it will eat the kegs and Slick Skin will be removed from the resulting explosion. Cobalt will then fall down and be susceptible to damage for 30 seconds, after which it will return to an upright position and regain Slick Skin.
Players will need to repeat this process until the group only needs one more damage phase to kill it. If the other groups are not ready, players should not run kegs and instead wait for them to be ready.
Once all groups are ready, the process is repeated once more to decapitate the head. Once its head has been severed, it will burrow underground and the timer will be set to 1 minute if it was the first one to be decapitated. If the other two Great Jungle Wurms are not decapitated within this time, the event will fail.
Severed wurm head
Once all three Great Jungle Wurms have been successfully decapitated, they will all unburrow and the timer will be set to 2 minutes. All three severed heads must be defeated in order for this event to succeed.
After the final head has been defeated, a portal will appear nearby which will bring players to Firthside Vigil Waypoint where players may claim their rewards.
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||01:00||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||04:00||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||08:00||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||12:30||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||17:00||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||20:00||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
- Champion Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Champion Partially Digested Husk
- Cobalt Great Jungle Wurm
- Covington Pirate
- Covington Pirate Thug
- Elite Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Legendary Cobalt Great Jungle Wurm Head
- Veteran Covington Pirate
- Veteran Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Veteran Jungle Wurm
- On event start
- Crusader Xutt: If this works according to plan, I'll be attacked by a great jungle wurm again. So I have that to look forward to.
- Crusader Xutt: I knew it. Trouble!
- While attacking the great jungle wurm
- One of the following:
- Crusader Xutt: Its skin is oozing a defensive slime. How do we hurt it?
- Crusader Xutt: No use. Its skin's too thick with slime.
- Crusader Xutt: There's an abandoned pirate camp nearby. Find us some explosives.
- After placing powder kegs by the great jungle wurm
- One of the following:
- Crusader Xutt: That's it. Bring those powder kegs back here.
- Crusader Xutt: I'll bet we can trick the wurm into eating some powder kegs.
- Crusader Xutt: It's working. Keep it up!
- When great jungle wurm reaches 25% health
- Crusader Xutt: How do you like that, wurm?
- After event ends
- Crusader Xutt: Wait until I tell my brothers about this! (if event fails)
- Crusader Xutt: We did it! Wurm down! (if event succeeds)
- Crusader Xutt: That was awful, but at least I proved I was right.
- Crusader Xutt: Guess I'd better report back to my brothers. Maybe they'll listen to me now.
- Bosses: Cobalt Wurmslayer — Kill the cobalt head of the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast. (5)
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Demolitionist — Place 5 powder kegs at the base of the cobalt great jungle wurm. (5 )
- Place powder kegs at the designated area in front of Cobalt.
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Hurdler — Avoid getting hit by any of the great jungle wurm's spin attacks. (10 )
- Avoid getting hit by the wurm when it performs a spin attack, or by the globs of spit it rains down on the arena following its smaller spin.
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Egg Scrambler — Kill 30 great jungle wurm eggs before the larvae hatch. (15 )
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Decapitator — Decapitate 3 heads of the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast. (5 )
- Decapitate Amber, Cobalt, and Crimson.
- Triple Trouble: Wurmslayer — Defeat each of the great jungle wurm's 3 heads in Bloodtide Coast. Does not have to be done in one run. (10 )
- Defeat each of the heads after they have been decapitated.
- Triple Trouble: Wurmicidal Maniac — Successfully decapitate the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast and defeat all three of its heads (does not count toward Triple Trouble meta-achievement). (15)