Defeat the crimson head of the great jungle wurm
Defeat the crimson head of the great jungle wurm
- Challdar Gorges
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Triple Trouble
- Preceded by
- Investigate the rumors of wurm activity in Challdar Gorges
- The Wurm's Bronze Chest, The Wurm's Silver Chest, or The Wurm's Golden Chest, depending on the number of heads severed from the wurm's body.
- Great Jungle Wurm Chest once a day, upon killing all the wurm's heads within the time limit.
When the event begins, Crimson will have Slick Skin, rendering it immune to damage until removed.
Around the field will be mushrooms players can interact with to gain a stack of Might and Nutrient, which makes the player immune to one instance of Drool flung at them by the Great Jungle Wurm. Attempting to eat the mushroom again will change Nutrient into Parasites, unlike during the escort events.
During the fight, Crimson will spit the following things. They must be dealt with quickly or groups may find themselves overrun.
- Great Jungle Wurm Eggs — Hatches into Great Jungle Wurm Larva if not destroyed with 20 seconds. Can be reflected and destroyed before it lands. Having at least one player take care of this is recommended. Up to nine of these can be spit out by Crimson every 45 seconds.
- Great Jungle Wurm Larva — Deals high damage and applies conditions.
- Champion Partially Digested Husk — Has very high toughness rendering them immune to all types of damage other than conditions. Inflicts Parasites. Up to three of these can be spit out by Crimson every 90 seconds.
Removing Slick Skin
Throughout the area will be multiple Phytotoxin Clouds which grants players one of three uniquely colored phytotoxins and three Phytotoxin Extractors. Players must run through all three clouds and collect the phytotoxin and bring it to its respective extractor.
- Amber Phytotoxin — western extractor
- Cobalt Phytotoxin — southeastern extractor
- Crimson Phytotoxin — northern extractor
Players can carry all three colors at the same time. Running through a cloud with a color they already have will result in refreshing the duration. Clouds will disappear after a certain amount of time and respawn in a different area. Using a teleport skill will cause players to lose all phytotoxins they have collected.
All three extractors must be filled before Slick Skin may be removed.
Once Slick Skin has been removed, Crimson will fall down and be susceptible to damage for 30 seconds. After this time has passed, it will return upright and regain Slick Skin. Players need to refill the extractors until the great wurm is decapitated, causing it to burrow underground.
The timer will also be set to 1 minute if it was the first one to be decapitated. If the other two Great Jungle Wurms are not decapitated within this time, the event will fail.
Severed wurm head
Once all three Great Jungle Wurms have been successfully decapitated, they will all unburrow and the timer will be set to 2 minutes. All three severed heads must be defeated in order for this event to succeed.
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||01:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||04:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||08:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||12:30||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||17:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||20:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
- Champion Partially Digested Husk
- Champion Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Crimson Great Jungle Wurm
- Elite Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Legendary Crimson Great Jungle Wurm Head
- Veteran Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Veteran Jungle Wurm
- On event start
- Crusader Yipp: What if my idiot brother is right and this actually works?
- Crusader Yipp: Its skin is oozing a defensive slime. How do we hurt it?
- Crusader Yipp: We need to fire some of each type of phytotoxin, together, for maximum effect.
- On Filling the Extractors
- Crusader Yipp: Hurry, collect up its phtotoxins. There are clouds of them drifting all over the local swamp.
- Crusader Yipp: Together, now. Fire!
- Event ended
- Crusader Yipp: Amazing. My idiot brother was actually right about the probes scaring up the wurms.
- Crusader Yipp: Time to rendezvous with those two back at the Vigil camp.
- Bosses: Crimson Wurmslayer — Kill the crimson head of the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast. (5)
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Phytotoxin Collector — Collect each of the 3 colored phytotoxins around the crimson great jungle wurm. (5 )
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Hurdler — Avoid getting hit by any of the great jungle wurm's spin attacks. (10 )
- Avoid getting hit by the wurm when it performs a spin attack, or by the globs of spit it rains down on the arena following its smaller spin.
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Egg Scrambler — Kill 30 great jungle wurm eggs before the larvae hatch. (15 )
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Decapitator — Decapitate 3 heads of the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast. (5 )
- Decapitate Amber, Cobalt, and Crimson.
- Triple Trouble: Wurmslayer — Defeat each of the great jungle wurm's 3 heads in Bloodtide Coast. Does not have to be done in one run. (10 )
- Defeat each of the heads after they have been decapitated.
- Triple Trouble: Wurmicidal Maniac — Successfully decapitate the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast and defeat all three of its heads (does not count toward Triple Trouble meta-achievement). (15)