Defeat the amber head of the great jungle wurm
Defeat the amber head of the great jungle wurm
- Whisperwill Bogs
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Triple Trouble
- Preceded by
- Investigate the rumors of wurm activity in Whisperwill Bogs
- Time limit: 14:00
- Amber Great Jungle Wurm
- Wurm food: x/20
- The Wurm's Bronze Chest, The Wurm's Silver Chest, or The Wurm's Golden Chest, depending on the number of heads decapitated from the wurm's body.
- Great Jungle Wurm Chest once a day, upon killing all the wurm's head within the time limit.
When Amber spawns, it will start with Slick Skin (20 stacks). As long as Amber has at least one stack of Slick Skin, it will be immune to all incoming damage.20
Shortly afterwards, an invulnerable Plague Carrier Abomination will get eaten by Amber, giving a hint as to what is necessary to remove Slick Skin.
During the fight, Amber will spit the following things. They must be dealt with quickly or groups may find themselves overrun.
- Great Jungle Wurm Eggs — Hatches into Great Jungle Wurm Larva if not destroyed with 20 seconds. Can be reflected and destroyed before it lands, preventing them from spawning. Having at least one player take care of this is recommended. Up to nine of these can be spit out by Amber every 45 seconds.
- Great Jungle Wurm Larva — Deals high damage and applies conditions.
- Champion Partially Digested Husk — Has very high toughness rendering them immune to all types of damage other than conditions. Inflicts Parasites. Up to three of these can be spit out by Amber every 90 seconds.
Removing Slick Skin
Around the field will be a Plague Carrier Abomination. After killing it, a white circle will appear. Players standing within will receive Wurm Attractant. While having this effect, at least 20 players must wait near the great wurm in the area indicated by a red arrow. After a brief time, the wurm will burrow and reappear, swallowing all players with the attractant.
Players should use Stability and other defensive effects and skills to help ensure that other players, and themselves, are not knocked out of the area before being swallowed. Going downed or being hit by the Veteran Jungle Wurm's drool, Champion Partially Digested Husk's drool throw, or Amber's Drool will also cause players to lose their Wurm Attractant. As long as Amber has burrowed, it will consume all players standing on the spot with the attractant regardless of how many players are standing there. (i.e. less than 20 players can be swallowed)
Once inside of the wurm's stomach, players will be afflicted with Stomach Acid, which will cause players to lose health every second. Players will need to pick up the Unfortunate Adventurer's harpoon (located behind them) and use it to destroy the Pyloric Valve. Other attacks may be used to destroy it faster, but players will need to hold onto a harpoon before it spits everyone out. When the valve is destroyed, players should not drop the harpoon, as it is necessary for removing Slick Skin. Players will be forcefully expunged from the wurm's stomach and players still holding a harpoon will be affected by Corrosion, making you able to fire it one last time. All players that have been spat out by Amber will also gain Upset Stomach, which will make them unable to gain the attractant until the effect has expired.
- Note: Teleport skills activated before being eaten will automatically go on cooldown once you enter Amber's stomach.
Once players have been expelled, they must find a spot with a clear line of shot at Amber. The final shot from the harpoon may be blocked by enemies in the way, causing it to be wasted. If all 20 stacks of Slick Skin have not been removed after all players have fired, players must wait until Upset Stomach has worn off before trying to reenter Amber's stomach to get another harpoon.
Once all 20 stacks have been removed, Amber will fall down and be susceptible to damage for 30 seconds. After which, it will return upright and regain 20 stacks of Slick Skin. Players will need to repeat the process until its head has been severed.20
Once its head has been severed, it will burrow underground and the timer will be set to 1 minute if it was the first one to be decapitated. If the other two Great Jungle Wurms are not decapitated within this time, the event will fail.
Severed wurm head
Once all three Great Jungle Wurms have been successfully decapitated, they will all unburrow and the timer will be set to 2 minutes. All three severed heads must be defeated in order for this event to succeed.
After the final head has been defeated, a portal will appear nearby which will bring players to Firthside Vigil Waypoint where players may claim their rewards.
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||01:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||04:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||08:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||12:30||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||17:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
|Evolved Jungle Wurm||20:00||...||Bloodtide Coast||Firth of Revanion|
- Amber Great Jungle Wurm
- Champion Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Champion Partially Digested Husk
- Elite Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Legendary Amber Great Jungle Wurm Head
- Plague Carrier Abomination
- Veteran Great Jungle Wurm Larva
- Veteran Jungle Wurm
- On event start
- Crusader Zepp: Under attack!
- While attacking the great jungle wurm
- Crusader Zepp: No use. Its skin's too thick with slime.
- Crusader Zepp: Our attacks are just sliding off its slick skin..
- While the great jungle wurm eats players
- Crusader Zepp: Not much for the wurm to eat here, outside of the Risen— Aha!
- When great jungle wurm reaches 25% health
- Crusader Zepp: Don't let up. We've got this.
- Crusader Zepp: How do you like that, wurm?
- Event failure
- Crusader Zepp: No... That's all right. We know how to win next time.
- Crusader Zepp: So close. Okay. Next time for sure.
- Crusader Zepp: What a remarkably vile experience.
- Crusader Zepp: I hope my brothers didn't encounter something like this. I'd better rendezvous with them and share what I've seen.
- Event success
- Crusader Zepp: We did it! Wurm down!
- Crusader Zepp: What a vile, yet fascinating, creature.
- Crusader Zepp: I've better return to my brothers to compare notes.
- Alternate dialog on event success
- Crusader Zepp: Wait until I tell my brothers about this!
- Bosses: Amber Wurmslayer — Kill the amber head of the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast. (5)
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Barf — Get regurgitated by the amber great jungle wurm. (5 )
- Enter Amber's stomach and destroy the Pyloric Valve.
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Hurdler — Avoid getting hit by any of the great jungle wurm's spin attacks. (10 )
- Avoid getting hit by the wurm when it performs a spin attack, or by the globs of spit it rains down on the arena following its smaller spin.
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Egg Scrambler — Kill 30 great jungle wurm eggs before the larvae hatch. (15 )
- Triple Trouble: Wurm Decapitator — Decapitate 3 heads of the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast. (5 )
- Decapitate Amber, Cobalt, and Crimson.
- Triple Trouble: Wurmslayer — Defeat each of the great jungle wurm's 3 heads in Bloodtide Coast. Does not have to be done in one run. (10 )
- Defeat each of the heads after they have been decapitated.
- Triple Trouble: Wurmicidal Maniac — Successfully decapitate the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast and defeat all three of its heads (does not count toward Triple Trouble meta-achievement). (15)