Champion Risen Giant
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Champion Risen Giants are powerful minions of Zhaitan that were once Giants. In combat, they use skills similar to their living counterparts' in addition to summoning groups of Risen Grubs for assistance.
- Straits of Devastation
- Malchor's Leap
- Cursed Shore
- Siren's Landing
- Chapter 8: Victory or Death
- Use the Pact weapons to kill the Risen giant guarding the area near the temple of Balthazar (75) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Risen Giant (78) [Group Event]
- Defeat the champion (80) [Group Event]
- Get Warmaster Chan to Shank Anchorage before the troops' morale breaks (80)
- Help the Pact seize the steps of the Promenade of the Gods (80) [Group Event]
- Knocks Down
- Throws Grubs
- Inflicts Vulnerability and Poison
- Buffs Allies
- Immune to hard CCs, including stun from breaking defiance bar.
- Stomp - The giant stomps the ground to damage and Launch nearby enemies. 1.25 second cast time. 200 radius.
- Locust Storm - The giant releases three ground-based locust swarm projectiles from its mouth to inflict Vulnerability for 8 seconds. On contact with an enemy the locust swarm persists for 3 seconds, poisoning nearby enemies for 8 seconds each pulse. 1.25 second cast time. 3 second recharge. 600 range.
- Throw Grubs - The giant throws three Risen Grubs on the ground to fight alongside him. A maximum of 6 Risen Grubs may be active from this skill. 1.25 second cast time. 12 second recharge. 600 range.
- Stolen skills
| Giant Bone Meal
(only drops if the Kudzu III: Leaf of Kudzu collection is active)
|Heavy Moldy Bag||Container||Basic||1|
|Large Moldy Bag||Container||Basic||1|
|Ancient Bone||Crafting material||Rare||1|
|Large Bone||Crafting material||Fine||1|
- Champion Risen Giants don't have a basic attack like many creatures and use a target's distance from them to determine what skill to use.
- If there are not enemies within melee range of them, they will spam their roar repeatedly.
- If there are enemies within melee range of them, they will prioritize using Stomp repeatedly.
- Risen Grubs are thrown in groups of 3-6 every 30 seconds and can easily overwhelm a group of players if not dealt with fast enough.