"Mad King Thorn"
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
"Mad King Thorn"
Behind the Mask
Happy Halloween, everyone!
— "Mad King Thorn"
- Lion's Arch
- Caledon Forest
- Metrica Province
- Oho! What have we here? The Mad King recognizes you as his loyal subject. Here's wishing you a mad Halloween.
I'm curious. What's the story behind your costume?
- My costume is an ancient tradition among my people. We've worn them to celebrate Halloween for more than two hundred and fifty years!
- Once, long ago, our ancestors knew the real Mad King. He'd appear to them on Halloween, kill them all, then leave laughing. It was quite the occasion.
He killed them?
- It was all in fun. And then, one year, he ceased to appear, or so the legend goes. The Mad King is as much a part of Halloween as candy corn and jack-o'-lanterns.
And now he's back?
- So it would seem. Which puts me out of job on Halloween. Maybe next year, I can finally be a pirate. Happy Halloween!
- Happy Halloween.
- I can't talk to you.
- If you have a Witch's Hat
- I about swallowed my tongue when the Mad King came crawling out of the ground! You don't see that everyday. This old costume can't compare to the real thing.
- So true.
- If you don't have a Witch's Hat
- Hard to believe Halloween is over already, isn't it? I don't want to take off my costume. Hey, we have a few extra hats for folks who missed the party. You want one?
Yeah, I'll take a hat.
- Warning: It's a spooooky hat. Happy belated Halloween, friend.
- Not yet.
- "Mad King Thorn" walks to the stage and children gather to watch
- "Mad King Thorn": Spooky comes, and spooky goes! Get ready, everyone. The black wind blows!
- "Mad King Thorn": Beware of shadows full of fright, for this is the Mad King's merry night!
- "Mad King Thorn": Dance until your skeletons shake, for on the morrow you may not wake!
- "Mad King Thorn": Fear not! This candy doesn't make your teeth rot, not even in your cemetery plot!
- "Mad King Thorn": The Mad King has returned! Long live the king!
- "Mad King Thorn": Behave, or I'll take you back to my Mad Realm with me! (laugh)
- "Mad King Thorn" says one of the following
- "Mad King Thorn": Mad King says, "Dance!"
- "Mad King Thorn": Mad King says, "Sleep!"
- One child does the right emote and the other does a wrong one
- "Mad King Thorn": Ha ha! Woo hoo! Thou dost please His Majesty the Mad King!
- "Mad King Thorn": Wrong! You lose!
- "Mad King Thorn" leaves the stage
- "Mad King Thorn": Happy Halloween, everyone!
- Beneath his pumpkin mask, a skull-like face can be seen, resembling Jack Skellington from Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas.
- This NPC could be found from November 1st, 2012 forward standing on the seal left behind when the entrance to the Mad King's Realm was sealed in Lion's Arch to allow players who missed the last day of Shadow of the Mad King 2012 to receive credit for Attend the Party, and to get a Witch's Hat. He was removed on the 15th.